Red Space Blues is a long form webcomic, about a bunny girl Melody Meadows' misadventures as an intergalactic mercenary, written and drawn by John Poole. It is a science fiction story set in a world of anthropomorphic animals strange alien peoples and old gods.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Melody herself. From being used as target practice to being fired off into space, she takes it all in stride .
- Affably Evil: A certain fox that keeps showing up. Loves to cause chaos and death for the momentary fun of it .
- Anachronism Stew: Every planet is its own setting everything from mega cities and spaceships to swords and spears, and old gods.
- Armed Legs: AMI in her original form had sharp pinchers for legs  .
- Artificial Limbs: In her third appearance Misty has a prosthetic forearm to replace the one Melody vaporized, with a detachable "paw claymore".
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: A rhino that can't keep his mind from wondering.
- Berserk Button: AMI, just trying to help usually ends up in a lot of injured and psychologically scarred individuals .
- Blue with Shock: Cold water will get you every time.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Bunny eared mercenary Melody Meadows.
- The Chosen One: Melody became a Bunny goddess to a amazonian bee people
- Comically Missing the Point: A goat who can't keep his insides inside himself be it eaten by a plant or repeatedly exploded by a teleporter  .
- Covert Pervert: A Rhino who is not as covert as he'd like to think .
- Deadpan Snarker: All the characters in the series .
- Death Glare: Gator mercinary captian.
- Demonic Possession: AMI has a way with people, the cutting of your skull so she can puppet your body way...but a way none the less .
- Private Military Contractors: Mercs R Us.
- Red Shirt: Company policy treats all the new recruits as such, even locking their names until they survive their first mission. It later turns out the boss was trying to get them killed for insurance.
- Twinmaker: How teleportation works in the setting, and the ship's teleporter not only has a bit of a delay but is also none too clean.