Has been on indefinite hiatus since august 2017
This series provides examples of:
- Art Evolution: The first page in chapter 1 with a recognizable character is beautiful. That hasn't stopped Rose from improving, and as of chapter 14 she's still revising her style.
- Combat Pragmatist: Adrianna's preferred method of letting people know she's not happy. Also a fan of the surprise headbutt. Given she's usually outclasses in magical terms, this is not surprising.Rose's Comment on 287: "Surprise! At least shes consistent."
- Cooldown Hug: "Hug deployed, target neutralized."
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Rhea has a noticeable tan and platinum blonde hair.
- Do You Trust Me?: Subverted. It takes logic and fear rather than trust to convince Adrianna to go AWOL with a stranger.
- Fiery Redhead: Adrianna. Also literally, as a fire mage. The two seem to go together well and she's sucker punched (with or without fire) at least three people in the face in 250 pages.
- Inept Mage: Adrianna. "I may be the most useless mage you have ever met in your entire life, but I can still burn your face clean off."
- Killed Off for Real: First, Colonel Mechanical-Hand , and the most recent chapter seems to be intent of adding many more to the pile. Rebshou and Lethe are both killed by Danil.
- Mage Killer: Some mages are incredibly powerful and even weak ones can 'burn your face off.' They are, however, still vulnerable to things like bullets, much to the surprise of those mages who never needed tech to get ahead. It appears that the rebels have been designing tech and training members for just this purpose.
- The Magocracy: Ranking officers in Ashtul's military are mages and mages are required to enlist. It also appears that the higher offices in government are held by mages, though it is not explicitly stated.
- Not in This for Your Revolution: Adrianna and Lethe to the resistance in Rishara Caan.
- Oh, Crap!: The last three panels.
- Playing with Fire: Adrianna can scorch frowny faces on to cell walls, light her own cigarete, make light and 'burn your face off'.
- Renshou on the other hand is able to achiever more impressive feats.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Adrianna and her brother Lethe. Adrianna tends speak loudly and to do first and think later and she favors a flaming punch for her knee-jerk reactions. Lethe, on the other hand, speaks softly and only takes action when he's eliminated all other options. That doesn't mean that his plans are well thought out, though.
- Stuff Blowing Up: "Perhaps it was just the blast wave talking, but everything in my life seemed to be exploding recently."
- The Prologue ends with a huge explosion.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: Ashul's primary exports are fireballs, airships, and airships with people shooting fireballs out of them.