Preeny is a young cat with a magical brush-like tail. She's all ready for her first day of 6th grade, until she's approached by a mysterious wolf on a mission...
- Amazing Technicolor Population: There are a ton of characters with vibrantly colored fur, such as Teagan, Preeny's classmate that's orange, yellow, tan, and purple.
- The Chosen One: Preeny, according to a prophecy that Edge and the other Greyscale Hunters received from a very young prophet.
- Funny Animal: The story is set in a world consisting entirely of these, with some more genetically predisposed to bipedalism than quadrupedalism (as explained here).
- Halfway Plot Switch: The first chapter is set up like a slice-of-life story, with Preeny attending her first day of 6th Grade and meeting new friends and enemies...before a giant crow-like monster appears in the sky and rains poisonous feathers upon the town, suddenly shifting to the Fantasy Action elements as Preeny is tasked with saving everyone.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Many characters in the setting ("Furth") are born with a "fur power", such as a sword marking that can manifest an actual blade. Preeny's power is that her tail is a brush that she uses to preen herself and remove imperfections...which just so happens to include the effects of the poisonous feathers that attack her school.
- I Have Your Wife: Preeny's mom gets kidnapped, with a threatening text along these lines sent to Preeny and Edge soon after.
- Kid Hero: Preeny, the main protagonist, is twelve years old and was just starting 6th Grade when the story begins (in addition to being naturally short).
- L33t L1ng0: Used by NoxXxy, as seen here.
- Meaningful Name: There's tons, from the characters (Preeny's power involving preening herself, Bloodbeth being Darker and Edgier than the other 6th Graders, Edge the sword-wielder, etc.) to locations (such as the planet of Furth, which is basically a Furry Earth).
- Never Trust a Title: After the first chapter, the story mainly focuses on why Preeny will have to repeat 6th Grade (dark forces attacking the world right when the school year begins) than school itself.
- Sugar Apocalypse: The setting is deceptively fun and cheerful before dark forces start poisoning all of the characters, and still maintains a cute and colorful style for the rest of the story.