Pepper&Carrot (with that orthography) is a webcomic at https://peppercarrot.com about a young witch named Pepper, her cat Carrot, and her friends and acquaintances (who are also named after food ingredients, yes) on the magical planet Hereva. The webcomic is supported by patrons through crowdfunding, translated into around 30 languages through fanslation, and is licensed CC-BY. The main author/illustrator, David Revoy, encourages fanart.
Pepper&Carrot contains examples of:
- Meaningful Name: Although it's not clear in-world why nearly everyone is named after food (aside from there being an entire school of magic for growing things), the names offer some clues to the audience. Saffron is an expensive spice and the namesake of a witch with expensive tastes. Carrot was named after a bin of carrots he hid in and his orange fur.
- Our Demons Are Different: Chaosahn witches can summon a trio of Chaos Demons, but it's not widely known that they like tea and cupcakes.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Dragons seem to be important to the pre-human history and ecology of Hereva, and come in many different kinds, from the lightning dragon (a purely electrical being) to the swamp dragon (which is normally docile but can throw mud around when aggrieved) to the humble dragoncow.
- Our Genies Are Different: A walrus-headed genie lures whoever he can get to sign a paper into a life of easy wealth and fame.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: The practitioners of Aquah must breathe underwater in order to attend their studies. The only one we've met doesn't have a fishtail, however.
- Our Wormholes Are Different: Actually black holes, the generation of which is a signature technique of witches of Chaosah.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Despite the name, the magic school Zombiah is not said to create George-Romero-esque zombies (with the stated aim being to avoid cultural appropriation from West African / Carribean religions). Three revenants are seen and they seem quite keen-minded.