Parimetra is a webcomic telling the story of two young women with superpowers. Antine Bernard is part of the Association of Superheroes, A.S.H. for short, who keep the city of Parimetra safe from swarms of monsters that emerge from mysterious portals. Adrienne, dubbed Shade, lives in a secret underground (literally) homeless community that she is determined to protect. A dangerous portal forces them to cross paths, which kick-starts an adventure that will change their lives and decide the fate of the entire city of Parimetra.
Parimetra updates every Sunday and can be read here.
Parimetra contains examples of:
- A Minor Kidroduction: Somewhat of a subversion seeing as it takes place in chapter 2, but otherwise played straight.
- Code Name: All superheroes have one, generally a Pun referencing either their powers or their position (eg. Smith controls metal, Monty is codenamed Director because he's the leader of the group).
- Deuteragonist: Although the story mainly revolves around Antine, Adrienne has scenes all to herself, and her story runs parallel to Antine's until they eventually meet.
- Gender-Neutral Writing: Khalil is nonbinary and uses "they" pronouns. Additionally, since A.S.H. don't know Shade's gender, they also refer to her with gender neutral pronouns.
- Flying Firepower: Antine, aka the superhero Torch, who's also one of the only heroes with more than one power.
- The Place: Parimetra.
- Mundane Utility: Antine uses her fire powers to make herself tea.
- One Person, One Power: Applies to almost everyone, the exceptions being Torch, Gale, and possibly Shade.
- Recruit Teenagers with Attitude: Averted in the present day, with all the superheroes being 19 or 20 years old, but the flashback chapter reveals that when A.S.H. was created, its members were 13 or even 12. Yikes. Justified, as they're the only people able to defeat the monsters, adult or otherwise.
- Super Team: The Association of Superheroes, which consists of (in order of introduction):
- Shadow Walker: Shade. They can become a shadow and teleport, but the extent of their powers is as yet unclear.
- Standard Superhero Suits: Averted. All the characters wear normal, everyday clothes.
- The Swarm: The monsters, small black creatures that roam the city of Parimetra in big black clouds. Being caught outside when the swarm is out spells instant death, and they can only be killed by superheroes.
- Winged Humanoid: Gale.