Parallel Peril is an Interactive Comic forum game started by Nobody on Epigam, an external forum of PCPuzzle. Originally started under the name Totally Not Bandwagoning, it was started partially in response to the popularity of other Interactive Comics on Epigam, but eventually far more popular and longer than any other Epigamian Interactive Comic. Read it here.
The story is about a bunch of dudes who find themselves in a facility with four large screens in it, and on one screen is a message reading simply "Hello? I believe this is some sort of communication... thing? Are you there?" Or at least, that's how it starts. A lot of stuff happens after that, and due to the plot being driven primarily by commands written by the audience, the story is fairly collaborative and often runs on Rule of Funny.
Parallel Peril provides examples of the following tropes:
- Arc Symbol: The insignifigant insignia.
- The Blank: Boywhoflies has an afro instead of a face.
- Call-Back: Often.
- The Faceless: Sammy_P's face is never shown for no apparent reason. He eventually writes his name on the back of his head.
- Made of Evil: The embodiment of evil itself.
- Only Sane Man: Steve seems to think SS01 is this.
- Prolonged Prologue: Got an END OF PROLOGUE three months after starting.
- Stick-Figure Comic: Most of the characters are stick figures.
- Stylistic Suck: Anime Hell and everything spawned from it.