"Olympus Institute" is a webcomic about various characters from Greek (and Egyptian) mythology... IN COLLEGE
Gorgon girl Medusa has decided to go back to college, much to best friend Echo's delight and mean girl Aphrodite's chagrin. Here she'll meet various new friends, such as the dark snarky Hades, energetic tomboy Hatshepsut, bully with a hidden soft side Hera, and the handsome yet mysterious Imhotep.
"Olympus Institute" provides examples of:
- Affectionate Nickname: Imhotep calls Medusa "Wadjet". Also, Echo nicknames everyone.
- Alternative Character Interpretation: The comic runs on this.
- Art Evolution: Compare the first page to the latest and this is very apparent.
- Cool Shades: Medusa wears them at all times to avoid turning anyone to stone
- Crossover Cosmology: Amidst all the Greek deities there are the Egyptian god Imhotep, and fellow Egyptian Hatshepsut, daughter of Amun
- Fantastic Racism: Aphrodite looks down on anyone who isn't a god or goddess
- Genius Bonus: Hatshepsut is at the school because she's "half-divine"; the real Pharaoh Hatshepsut claimed she was fathered by the god Amun
- Guyliner: Imhotep, fitting for an Egyptian
- High School A.U.: Well, college, but still.
- Noodle Incident: Apparently Medusa has turned Echo to stone once before
- Also how and why Aphrodite turned Medusa into a gorgon, though if it's anything like the myth this may not count
- Official Couple: Zeus and Hera, Hades and Persephone. It looks like Imhotep and Medusa, as well as Hermes and Echo, are headed this way as well
- Really Gets Around: Implied with the ever-unfaithful Zeus