Of Dumb Dumbs and Pussycats is a short Josie and the Pussycats fan-comic featuring a mix of the comics and cartoon. It was written by Mandygirl78 and drawn by P-Jo Art. The comic is saucy, and it does have a few NSFW pages (that aren't viewable on the Deviantart), but it's mainly clean.
The plot is simple: Set in the early 1970s, the gang have just finished up a new gig and are staying at a hotel. The problem is that there are only two rooms for the girls, with three beds altogether. Valerie and Josie get their own beds while Alexandria and Melody are stuck in the room with one bed. This is awkward because Melody is quite flirty with Alexandria.
This comic provides examples of:
- Adaptational Jerkass: Josie is a lot more smug towards Alexandria than she usually is.
- Bi the Way:
- Alexandra is head over heels for Alan but doesn't mind Melody's advances.
- Melody's casually into Alexandra, but she's also canonically into boys as well.
- Gainaxing: Melody jumps in joy a lot and it always leads to her chest bouncing.
- Hotter and Sexier: It's an adult interpretation of the series with plenty of sexual innuendo. The complete comic is NSFW, but the three pages are skippable.
- Implied Love Interest: Melody and Alexandria's relationship is sexual but it's hard to tell if it ends at that or if it's also romantic.
- Literal-Minded: Melody, as a part of her Dumb Blonde personality. For example, when Josie says that she has to "sleep with Alexandra" (as in share a bed), Melody means she gets to have sex with Alexandra.
- Say It with Hearts: Melody speaks with musical notes, as she usually does in the comics.
- The '70s: It's set contemporary with the cartoon and is in the early 1970s (no later than 1971 going by the art references).
- Slash Fic: The story ships Alexandria and Melody together.
- Silent Snarker: Sebastian is just a cat, but he can emote (such as shrugging at Alexandria).
- There Is Only One Bed: Alexandra and Melody share a bed together. It ends less innocently than their friends expected.
- Too Much Information: Melody blabs about what happened between her and Alexandra to Josie and Alan.