Oblivion Chaos is a Kingdom Hearts sprite comic by Zenith that began on June 8, 2006 and is still running. The comic ostensibly centers on Zexion and Lexaeus during the time of Chain of Memories hanging around Castle Oblivion; eventually, a plot began to form which lead to a bit of Cerebus Syndrome as well as a bad case of Kudzu Plot. While it was still considered okay, the plot didn't really make any sense, and Plot Holes had to be filled in constantly.
The plot (pre-Retool) was a bit of a Mind Screw, but here is a brief summary: Marluxia was plotting something with Luxord, Larxene, and Demyx; Sora was getting lost; Riku was doing...something...and Vexen kidnapped Larxene, or something, and Zexion, Lexaeus, and Axel all went to rescue her, killing Saix along the way. Also, Shadow the Hedgehog got involved.
It was all very confusing. There were a few attempts to streamline the plot, but these mostly failed.
Not enough has been seen post-Retool to form any real opinions on it.
Also infamous for its epic Schedule Slips.
- Beat Panel: Pretty much every other comic. It's constantly lampshaded by the author himself; a recent piece of commentary was simply "You can tell I wrote it because there are beat panels".
- Book-Ends: The first comic consists of Zexion asking Lexaeus if he took Zexion's cookie. The final comic pre-Retool features, at the very end, Zexion holding a cookie jar and noting that it feels light.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: For the Record, There Never was a Fourth Wall Anyway
- Catchphrase: Vexen thinks that this entry is GLORIOUS!
- Cloudcuckoolander: Lexaeus, Sora.
- Continuity Nod
- Deadpan Snarker: Roxas, Zexion, Larxene.
- Demoted to Extra: Lexaeus, Shadow, Larxene, Sora, et cetera.
- Distressed Damsel: Larxene during "Memories Skyscraper".
- Dumb Muscle: Lexaeus, pre-Retool.
- Gambit Pileup: There is even a comic with the former title of this trope.
- The Generic Guy: Shadow.
- Kudzu Plot: Dear lord.
- Large Ham: Marluxia.
- Vexen post retool. Also batshit insane.
- Look Behind YouAxel: I'm a distraction!
- No Sense of Direction: Sora.
- Old Shame: Most of the older comics, but Slight Misfire gets more hate than the others.
- Only Sane Man: Larxene and Roxas.
- Punch-Clock Villain: Roxas.
- Retcon: Constantly. Zexion's feelings for Larxene, Demyx's death, everything having to do with Roxas...
- Running Gag: Aside from Beat Panels, there's also Sam the Exploding Blender. It is Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Schedule Slip: 86 story comics in over four years.
- Shout-Out: Constantly. This comic takes the cake.
- As does this one. Literally.