- There are countless dimensions and realities that exists in the universe, they're known as Zones. Each one is unique in it's own way. But there are evil forces out there that threatens to destroy the balance of these realities. Follow the (mis)adventures of the trans-dimensional police force, known as the Zone Cops as they keep the balance between dimensions! (Or at least try to.....)
The No Zone Archives is a fancomic based on the Archie Sonic comics, preferably the old universe before the Cosmic Retcon changed the universe of the series. It's drawn by an artist named Chauvels, a long time Sonic fan who's made plenty of fanart, animations and fancomics of the series.
As the description states, it's a comic that focuses on the No Zone, an Alternate Universe zone of the old comic universe that was perpendicular to others, causing all who visit from that dimension to appear to be standing sideways; in addition, it has characters who have "Z" at the start of their name (Zonic, Zamy, Zails, etc). The No Zone functions as a home of the police force who patrol the multi-verses, as well as an Alcatraz of sorts for some of the multi-verses most dangerous criminals. Thus the comic chronicles the daily lives of the police force and how they go about their duties.
No Zone Archives has the following tropes:
- Alternate Universe: Beside the obvious, it seems to ignore most of the comic's canon for it's own.
- Battleaxe Nurse: Ziona, doubles as a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing as well as she comes off initially nice but once alone with a patient. The sadistic side comes out.
- Body Horror: Zonic contracts a parasite on his arm after coming from a dimension in one story. He goes to Prof. Zinitevis to get it removed. But he only ends up making it worse.
- Cowboy Cop: Zlaze is shown to be this.
- Da Chief: Zamy in the No Zone verse.
- Death Glare: Zonic and Zespio give Zector one for stating Zlaze is the best Zone cop he's seen after she intrudes on their mission and allows the Eggman they were facing to get away.
- Drop the Hammer: Zamy just like her main verse counterpart.
- Downer Ending: The last archive ends up seeing one of the Eggman's they captured being ruled not guilty because Zhadow manages to pin that Zonic left evidence behind that he didn't do his job properly. Zonic is certain that he did. And he's right, as Eggman Nega has been manipulating things.
- Failed a Spot Check: After saving Zonic, Zector and Zespio from Steampunk Metal Sonics. Zlaze pre-emptively tries to keep Zonic from chastising her, failing to notice the Eggman they were fighting is fleeing until Zonic points it out to her.
- Killer Rabbit: Cheddar. It looks like a harmless Chao when it's sleeping. But when it gets active, it's anything but cuddly looking, as Zails finds out the hard way.
- Meganekko: Zally in this universe as she's a lawyer.
- Smug Snake: Zhadow in this universe as he's a defense attorney with a bit of a winning streak.
- Tagalong Kid: Zails as he hasn't even finished his academy training yet. He joins in on a mission rather than going to his classes like he should've. To which his interference ends up allowing a chao criminal to escape and Zonic, Zector, Zespio and he to end up in the infirmary.
- Too Dumb to Live: Zails when Zonic, Zector and Zespio are about to jump a dangerous Chao criminal and he brazenly goes to confront him.
- Wham Shot: The end of issue one reveals that someone's been watching the archives the whole time. The final shot reveals it to be Eggman Nega.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Zonic gives Zilver one for allowing Scourge to get away when he had him cornered.