Well ... then we delve into the mystery of Sean's former roommate, government conspiracies, secret experiments, and intelligent animals while still maintaining the slice-of-life plots. Even the creators don't know how to classify it.
Story by Tom Johns
Art by Dana Köpke
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Alt Text
- Imagine Spot: Sean tends to have these, which are brightly colored, sparkly, and dramatic. They don't quite match up to reality.
- Indy Ploy: Lee's plan for finding an apartment is basically "get there and find something." And that's Plan B. Plan A was "Mom's nagging, so let's see what I can find on the Internet."
- Mushroom Samba: Due to inhaling near Gary's as-of-yet-unexplained plant, Lee hallucinates an Alice in Wonderland style adventure. Sean is then shown to be hallucinating a military combat videogame, indicating he also breathed it in.
- Noodle Incident: The coffee incident at the diner.
- Reality Ensues:
- When Sean first discovered the ceiling space where he sleeps, he imagined it as a fantastic hideaway, complete with rainbows, sparkles, and Disney music. The reality? "It's so small. Why is it so small?"
- Sean fantasizes himself scaling a drainpipe with ease after a one-liner. He then struggles with the ungraceful reality of the task.
- Shipper on Deck: Vince totally ships Lee and Sean.
- Tough Love: Mrs. Baker seems to subscribe to this, given how she knew Lee lied about having an apartment and let her drive off to college anyway.
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong?: Said by Lee before her online apartment search.