A webcomic created by Newton the Newt. Frog endures his friend Newton's crazy sense of humor and awful puns. Wise Old Bullfrog, a self-proclaimed philosopher, and Angry Betta, a bitter Siamese fighting fish support the strip as recurring characters.
The first season introduces these four characters and develops them, for lack of a better word. There's no storyline; it's a Gag Per Day comic.
This series provides examples of:
- Butt-Monkey. Turtleye, out of canon.
- Catchphrase. Wise Old Bullfrog: "Indeed!"
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander. Newton.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty.
- Angry Betta, the fighting fish.
- Especially in this strip.
- Glasses Pull. "Classified ads".
- Gone Horribly Wrong. The Macbeth one.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All. Wise Old Bullfrog.
- Negative Continuity.
- Newton fails high school science in one strip and is lecturing a class in another.
- Also, Bullfrog flips between taking college classes and applying to teach college classes.
- Private Detective/Amateur Sleuth. Turtleye, complete with fedora and longcoat.
- Rule of Funny: In particular, Water Is Air. There is only one strip in which it matters whether the characters are underwater or not.
- Straight Man.
- At the moment he's also the Only Sane Man.
- White Gloves. Frog and Newton always wear white gloves.