Mass Effect 3: Generations is a fan comic drawn on DeviantArt by Adeleon soon after the infamous Mass Effect 3 ending. It details an alternative ending to the trilogy, kicking off with the Indoctrination Theory, from which Blake Shepard is rescued via the Liara’s mindmeld. He then proceeds to go into the heart of the Citadel with the rest of his squad, battle The Illusive Man and the clones of Shepard’s dead squadmates, orders that Harbinger be bombed to pieces by the Volus Bombers. Then he settles down with Tali and has a hybrid child.
Has a sequel known as Mass Effect: Legacy, which follows the adventures of the children of Shepard’s crew in the battle against a group of anti-human terrorists. It remains permanently unfinished after the author removed all traces of both comics from their page and shut it down following the not-so-hot reception to them by the Mass Effect fanbase. An audio drama on YouTube was made, but it has since been taken down.
Tropes that Mass Effect 3: Generations and Mass Effect: Legacy provide examples of:
- Cut Short: Adeleon had slowed down work on Legacy by the time Mass Effect fans discovered it, but their reactions caused him to remove both comics from his page, making it highly unlikely that he'll ever pick it up again.
- David Versus Goliath: The Volus Bombers destroying the Harbinger almost instantly.
- Energy Weapon: Tali has suddenly gained twin combat (not targeting or anything canonical) lasers to the side of her helmet, and the quarian spider husks have cannons firing large green beams not resembling anything found in the games.
- Fix Fic: Generations seems to exist in order to "fix" the ending of the game, but all it seems to do is just lead into the "Destroy" ending with Shepard unharmed.
- Evil Twin: The Cerberus-made clones all dead Normandy crewmembers. Thane, Kaidan, Mordin and others are all cloned by completely unexplained means and with no foreshadowing, purely in order to have an epic showdown.
- Flash Forward Fic: Legacy was set twenty years after Generations, and contains a cast of mostly Original Characters.
- Older and Wiser: Garrus has become Turian Primarch by the time of Legacy.
- Neck Snap: One Brute seems to have its neck snap snapped, or at least bent out of shape by the charging Grunt.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: Exaggerated, as the "rogue spectre Saren" is misspelled as "rougue spectre Saren". Also the "neo medigel" is "bought in" rather than brought in, etc.
- The Stations of the Canon: Generations opens with Shepard summarizing all of the important Mass Effect choices he's made throughout the series.
- Unusual Weapon Mounting: Tali's twin helmet lasers, just appearing there with no explanation. Given how thin her helmet is and that Mass Effect weapons are known for generating a lot of heat (in fact, portable laser weapons don't even EXIST in ME-verse), it's a wonder her face didn’t melt.
- Written Sound Effect: In spades, ranging from the simple "Booom!" to the odd "Waduuum!"