Manala Next Door is a comic done by Humon, of Scandinavia and the World and Niels fame. It's actually a spinoff of Niels in that Jacob was originally a demon only Peter could see, and possibly a drug-induced hallucination. Characters include angels, demons, and monsters from around the world.
The comic started in January 2011 but stopped updating in November 2012.
Manala Next Door provides examples of the following tropes:
- All Men Are Perverts: Even the angels. In the Youkai Bar strip, the male angel after spotting cute Nini, was pleased to stay...until he spotted a tanuki looking at him.
- All Myths Are True
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Nini.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Beware Nini. With a perfectly cute Slasher Smile, she commits the most gruesome acts.
- Bizarre Sexual Dimorphism: Tengu and harpies... are the same species.
- Cute Monster Girl: Nini the Kappa.
- Eats Babies: Nini. And it's adorable.
- The Fundamentalist: The angels.
- Gentle Giant: Jacob, at least around other demons. Not so much for humans.
- Groin Attack: One strip presents us with a Sazae-oni, a Youkai that makes pearls with men's testicules. Lilith gives her a high five, Nini properly protects her boyfriend's crotch.
- Harping on About Harpies: They're female Tengu.
- Hartman Hips: Nini's, described by Humon as "rocking."
- Heartwarming Moment: Jabob telling to Nini that he, as a shapeshifter, keeps his butt juicy and perfect for her. She literally cries over such a great expression of love.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Jacob and Nini.
- Jackass Genie: When demon law required Jacob and Nini to grant a wish...
- Literal Genie: The guy did wish for them to be a maid and butler, he just never specified who would be in each role.
- Pet the Dog: Jacob likes human children, so won't let Nini eat them.
- Raised by Orcs: Jacob is a nature spirit who was raised by Asura, and thus became a demon.
- Really Gets Around: Has Jacob ever met a female — or male — he hasn't slept with?
- Real Men Wear Pink: Jacob has many pictures wearing pink or making pink flowers out of thin air for Nini. Even commentaries say that he makes pink look manly.
- Straw Feminist: Lilith. Doubles as Self-Deprecation, as Humon is herself a Feminist who's not above poking fun at the more extreme parts of the movement.
- Too Kinky to Torture: The guy from an ImageBoard.
- Voluntary Shapeshifter: Jacob can be literally everything someone wants. Too bad Nini is only interested in his butt.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Jacob and Nini as a maid and butler (respectively).