"It's time to find that little piece of magic that makes xkcd so special, and kill it."
XKCDSW contains examples of:
- Anti Humour: Many comics simply remove the punchline from the original material, and instead portray completely mundane situations.
- Cruel Twist Ending: Often done to romance comics.
- Inverted Trope: The remix comics' attitute to science and mathematics is often completely contrary to the original. For example, #3051 "Connected".
- Overused Running Gag: Called "micromemes".
- "Well, it's better than Vista."
- "Listen. I wouldn't worry about that."
- "I've never been so turned on in my life" appears in the most bizarre of circumstances.
- "Our copy of the Kama Sutra has a couple mistranslations."
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: very often on the cynical end.
- Stylistic Suck: