Lovelyss is short webcomic by Alexis Flower concerning the clubship Lovelyss and its neon-coloured, sex-fueled, gender-ambiguous, perma-partying passengers.
Beginning with the latest adventure of infamous private detective Johnny Teflon, the story careens into the lives of dancers and gangsters, managers and mass-murderers and their complicated schemes of betrayal and nonsensical revenge.
Also has a work-in-progress prequel, Lovesyck.
Lovelyss contains examples of:
- Ambiguous Gender: Johnny Teflon has a masculine name, wears masculine clothes, and has a completely flat chest, but is identified as female by everyone, has a decent pair of hips and apparently female genitals.
- Anything That Moves: Johnny Teflon spends most of the story with someone or something between her legs.
- Adorkable: Marcy "Psycho Venus" Walker-Brown, showing off her dance moves in power armour.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Just about everyone, given and nicknames. Johnny Teflon, Jake Francisco, Gaskar the Guts, Psycho Venus, Sassy Lockhart, Bill Sun, DJ Diplodoco Octopoco.
- Coolest Club Ever: Lovelyss.
- Cyberpunk: Every panel oozes sex, violence, and neon-glowing tech.
- Eating the Eye Candy: Marcy gets distracted by Jake's skin-tight, translucent package.
- Everybody Has Lots of Sex}}: Basically the theme of this universe.
- Femme Fatale: The enigmatic Mrs. Mozzarella Chandelier.
- Literal-Minded: Johnny isn't really familiar with idioms.Johnny: It's as if I'm looking for a very small thing amidst a large amount of identical, equally small things.Marcy: Like a needle in a haystack.Johnny: What's a haystack?
- One-Word Title: Also an example of The Place, as Lovelyss is the clubship where the action happens.
- The Place: Lovelyss is the clubship where the action happens, and is also an example of One-Word Title.
- Portmantitle: May also be one, as Lovelyss may be derived from Loveless, a compound word.
- Private Detective: Johnny Teflon is the ex-cop variety.
- Private Eye Monologue: Johnny Teflon narrates her thoughts constantly, oblivious to whomever might be listening.
- Vapour Wear: Sassy Lockhart and Jake both wear matching translucent rubber pants, Jake's top also being translucent, and Sassy's is designed to look like it's been torn to shreds. Justified in that they're both professional strippers.