The Planet Monotropa is advertised as a "nature lover's paradise", with a population of only a few thousand humans. Despite unimaginable advances in technology, humankind has regressed to the point where they no longer engage in physical contact save by accident.
Enter our heroine, Abeille, who leaves work one day and accidentally collides with a man. Stirred by feelings that the physical contact aroused in her, she begins to crave an actual relationship with a real person.
Premiered June 4th 2014 after Demon Aid's cancellation, Love Not Found is another webcomic by Red String author Gina Biggs. The series uses a limited color palette, mostly dominated by shades of pink with dashes of spot color to emphasize differences in skin tones and contrast. Its debut came with a ten-page update, after which the series settled into a regular three-updates-per-week schedule. It is currently hosted at its official website on the Hiveworks network.
Love Not Found contains examples of:
- All of the Other Reindeer: Abeille's former co-workers, who were incredibly mean to her.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Abeille possesses a device called the Stimulator 3K that can provide the physical sensations of engaging in sexual intercourse without actual contact with anything. Essentially, a really fancy version of masturbation, but also keeping in the comic's theme that people "don't touch." Notably, after Abeille's encounter with another human, she finds this incredibly unsatisfying.
- Later in the story, Miel and Abeille both use the 3K after having touched each other to vent, both still not seeming really satisfied.
- Crash-Into Hello: This launches the series, as it triggers Abeille and Miel's love at first sight and starts her journey into exploring physical intimacy.
- Diabolus ex Machina: See My Greatest Failure.
- Eye Scream: Presumably how Poppy lost an eye as a child.
- Has Two Mommies: Miel.
- Hates Being Touched: The planet of Monotropa and most of humanity has become a touch-starved world. Most people have given up physical contact in exchange for impersonal technological substitutes. There are a few exceptions, including an underground club dedicated to touching and Aster's research into touching as form of comfort.
- Meaningful Name: "Abeille" (pronounced "ah-BAY") is French for "bee," and "Miel" means "honey."
- In a deeper sense, insects are treated as a very bad thing on Monotropa since the humans believe they endanger the plants, similarily Abeille's desire to touch is often met with extreme disgust.
- My Greatest Failure: Abeille blamed herself for her sister Evette's death She froze to death after being locked out of their habitat. Abeille talked her into taking her outside. When returning Abielle accidentally closed the door behind her, locking Evette out. Evette had an access card (it's how they were able to get out in the first place), but dropped it in the snow, and was unable to find it before Abeille could get help. Abeille ran away from home out of guilt.
- Plant Person: The Dryads.
- Sexy Silhouette: Abeille's session with the Stimulator 3K is portrayed in this manner, though unlike most examples, it's done as a discretion shot.
- Shower Scene: With cover provided by Censor Steam and Godiva Hair. Miel also takes a shower after having kissed Abeille.
- Symbol Motif Clothing: Most characters wear clothes at one point or another that picks up the flower or nature aspect of the planet. Except Abeille whose fancy dresses often make her look like a bee and Miel who sometimes wears honeycomb earrings, hairpins, or other small embelishments.
- Title Drop: The Stimulator 3K's answer to Abeille's query over whether it can provide "love."
- Theme Naming: Everyone except Abeille and Miel is named after a plant.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: While the Stimulator 3K can provide the experience of sex, it is incapable of understanding Abeille's query to provide "love".
- Ivy and Holly are even literally living like this and openly state they prefer it that way, at least until Ivy starts to crave touching as well, breaks up with Holly and falls hopelessly in love with Aster.