Lonely Kagamin is one of the most well-known fan-comics based off of Lucky Star. It's a short Kagami/Konata comic that stars Kagami in college.
Since graduating from high school Kagami has drifted apart from her friends and family. At her new school she finds it difficult to make friends, so she sticks to herself. And she's constantly getting it from Tsukasa over the latter's unsuccessful love life. One day Kagami gets a call from Konata and the two meet up. Kagami notices that, much like herself, Konata has also become introverted since graduating. Kagami takes the moment to confess her feelings for Konata
Lonely Kagamin provides examples of:
- Adaptational Jerkass: Tsukasa's one non-flashback scene implies this. The conversation isn't shown but Kagami ends up mad at her sister for being sarcastic.
- All Just a Dream: Subverted. There was an ending where Kagami wakes up alone, however it turned out to be an April Fool's prank. That comic was a dream.
- Asleep in Class: Kagami has a habit of doing so.
- Celebrity Paradox: Two of Kagami's classmates are Nagisa and Tomoyo from CLANNAD. Later, Kagami watches an episode of CLANNAD itself, specifically the scene where Fuko gives Sunohara a starfish. This means that Nagisa and Tomoyo may be sliders.
- Dark Fic: Lucky Star is a fluffy Slice of Life comedy. Lonely Kagamin is a sad drama, with a happy ending.
- Ill Girl: Konata inherited her mother's fragile health.
- Love Confession: Kagami delivers one to Konata after hearing the other bemoan her probable inability to find a boyfriend.
- Out of Focus: As is par for the course, Miyuki is practically shafted and only appears in a flashback.
- Reality Ensues:
- College and growing up can make best friends become distant.
- Konata's nerdiness, short stature, and odd looks make her unappealing to others outside of her friend circle. She ends up becoming a loner once she is without her friends.
- Self-Harm: Konata cuts herself.