Lonely Kagamin is one of the most well-known fan-comics based off of Lucky Star. It's a short Kagami/Konata comic that stars Kagami in college.
Since graduating from high school Kagami has drifted apart from her friends and family. At her new school she finds it difficult to make friends, so she sticks to herself. And she's constantly getting it from Tsukasa over the latter's unsuccessful love life. One day Kagami gets a call from Konata and the two meet up. Kagami notices that, much like herself, Konata has also become introverted since graduating. Kagami takes the moment to confess her feelings for Konata after she finds out the latter is borderline-suicidal.
Lonely Kagamin provides examples of:
- Adaptational Jerkass: Tsukasa's one non-flashback scene implies this. The conversation isn't shown but Kagami ends up mad at her sister for being sarcastic.
- All Just a Dream: Subverted. There was an ending where Kagami wakes up alone, however it turned out to be an April Fool's prank. That comic was a dream, and Kagami wakes up to find Konata next to her in bed. She breaks down in tears, but fortunately has Konata there to comfort her.
- Asleep in Class: Kagami has a habit of doing so.
- Celebrity Paradox: Two of Kagami's classmates are Nagisa and Tomoyo from CLANNAD. Later, Kagami watches an episode of CLANNAD itself, specifically the scene where Fuko gives Sunohara a starfish. This spawned theories that Nagisa and Tomoyo are sliders in this continuity (meaning Haruhi was right).
- Dark Fic: Lucky Star is a fluffy Slice of Life comedy. Lonely Kagamin is a sad drama, with a happy ending.
- Love Confession: Kagami delivers one to Konata after hearing the other bemoan her probable inability to find a boyfriend.
- Out of Focus: As is par for the course, Miyuki is practically shafted and only appears in a flashback.
- Surprisingly Realistic Outcome:
- College and growing up can make best friends become distant.
- Konata's nerdiness, short stature, odd looks, and her weird voice (which may or may not be a specific crack at Wendee Lee) make her unappealing to others outside of her friend circle. She ends up becoming a loner once she is without her friends.
- Self-Harm: Konata cuts herself.
- Some of Kagami's classmates are from CLANNAD, namely Nagisa and Tomoyo. Kagami apparently also enjoys watching Clannad.
- At one point Bleach can be seen on television.
- At another point, Kagami gets the evil eye from Haruhi Suzumiya herself.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Tsukasa has become rather jaded by her unsuccessful love life, and takes it out on Kagami, a sharp contrast to her canon depiction as a Nice Girl who's so nice, the very concept of rudeness is foreign to her.