Lil' Formers is a Webcomic written by Matt Moylan. The main point of the site is to show chibi versions of Transformers characters poking fun at their TV show, movie or comic book. Many of them are simple one-panel comics, but a few are multiple panels. After almost two years, Matt began to do comics for other TV shows, comic books and movies.
This comic provides examples of:
- Artifact Title: Since 2008, very few strips have anything to do with Transformers.
- Author Tract: Whenever Animated or the Transformers Film Series are the subjects of a strip, the strip will likely be a tiresome diatribe about how much the author dislikes those incarnations of Transformers. Also appears whenever Reboots are mentioned.
- Be Careful What You Wish For / Exact Words: After Matt started including non-TF characters in the strip, readers demanded that he'd "Bring the bots back!" He eventually consented, in a way.
- Book Ends: The series begins with Shockwave declaring that he will conquer Cybertron with his "super sweet sound effects." In the last strip, he finally accomplishes this... only to discover that he's actually conquered Gobotron.
- Complaining About Shows You Don't Watch: A lot of strips have Matt make potshots at Transformers continuities in ways evident that he hasn't actually seen them.
- Partially averted; Matt did watch the first Transformers film, and an episode of Animated.
- Although played straight with the film, he made practically all his strips about it before he watched it.
- Also played straight with Tekken, whose characters he called nobodies because of his unfamiliarity with said franchise.
- Cryptically Unhelpful Answer: One comic aims to answer the question of whether Rumble is red and Frenzy blue, or the other way around. The blue bot says he's the blue one, and the red bot says he's the red one... but they never actually say their names, making the answer useless.
- Fanservice: Defied in a comic where the narrator attempts to set up Arcee becoming a cam girl out of desperation, but she refuses to participate in the comic.Narrator: Desperate for energon, lone female Autobot Arcee was forced to 'bare her circuits' on playbot.com. A pay webs-
Arcee: NO WAY!!
Narrator: ? But...
Arcee: Screw you, perv! I am not starring in this comic.
- Fridge Horror: Some In-Universe ideas of things that can go wrong with interacting with humans and robots.
- Fun Size: About everyone drawn in the comic, unless they were already SD, like Bomberman or the Mega Man characters.
- Idiot Ball: Noted how humans fall for the disguised bots.
- ReTool: In 2008, Matt expanded the strip to include other franchises.
- Non-Indicative Name: He also said he was tired of Transformers and wouldn't be making any more comics with them. This only lasted a while, though even then his comics with Transformers characters were less common than those with other franchises.
- Planet Eater: In one strip Unicron and Galactus debate over whether they, as planet eaters, should eat Pluto.
- Space Is Cold: The Transformers film is made fun of because of the Transformers' weakness to cold and the supposed "coldness of space" in this strip.
- Super-Deformed: Everyone's drawn with big heads and tiny bodies and limbs.