The Jonathin Quackup of the Planet Weralt series tells the story that takes place in the fantastical planet of Weralt. The world was once protected by mysterious beings called the Quacki. They protected the inhabitants of the world (humans, hawkoids, pelishtees, etc.) from the monsters that lurk in the shadows of night.
The world was a much more beautiful place back then...
But, one day, the Quacki disappeared. Without their guidance or protection, the peoples of the world fought amongst themselves. And the monsters came out of hiding and ravaged the lands. The world of Weralt became a much darker place. The world is in need of a hero. Now, more than ever...
Jonathin Quackup of the Planet Weralt takes place over a thousand years after the Quacki disappear and introduces us to the main character of Jonathin Quackup. Jonathin Quackup has spent around 5 years of his life wandering the lands (between the Pelishtee and Human borders) protecting the peoples from all sorts of villains and monsters.
Jonathin Quackup lives a hard life. After a couple of pages of action, in which he rescues a child from a Frickle invader, he stops to ponder how his life became this way.
This leads to a flashback to when he was a young kehseb herder (kehsebs are a lot like sheep) and he has a different name... Jonathin Yoawb. He is a hawkoid of the Yoawb clan. We see him watching over the kehsebs with his brother, Asa.
When a corrupt hawkoid overlord goes after his cousin Taeheed, whose rising popularity has made the overlord jealous, Jon and his family are forced to leave their homes. They make a long trek to the land of the Pelishtee cats.
The ruler of the Pelishtees, Prince Awkeesh, allows them to stay... But only on the condition that they help fight of any invading Skincrawler cats. (The skincrawlers are tribes of nomadic cats that loot and plunder the hawkoids, pelishtees, humans, and other groups in the area.)
In the first issue, Jon and his family face war and tragedy. And Jonathin will soon discover the hero inside himself. Literally.
This comic provides examples of:
- Back from the Dead: The evil dragon that destroyed the Quacki is believed to be killed. But he makes a surprising return later in the series.
- Bad Boss: The Hawkoid Overlord becomes jealous of popularity of the captain of his army and betrays him.
- Curse: The whole world of the Weralt itself has been cursed by the evil dragon.
- Fake Ultimate Hero: The return of the heroic prince turns out to be a fraud.
- Playing Possum: Jonathin pretended to be unconscious (after being struck by a Skincrawler) to listen in on the Skincrawlers evil plot.
- Wonder Child: The arrival of Jonathin Quackup as child comes under mysterious circumstances.
Some more info about the comic...
- Albians: People of the Albian Empire, founded by humans. In the city of Albian consists of humans as well as a variety of different species. Albians are only mentioned in this story.
- Frickles: Horse-like peoples.
- Hawkoids: A species of the humanoid birds that live in lands west of the middle kingdom. Many live simple lives as herdsman.
- Pelishtees: A certain group cats in the story that have a mixed relationship with the hawkoids. They are usually the group that does the most trading/commerce with the hawkoids. But there has been a long history of wars with them as well. Ziglag is one of the larger of the Pelishtee cities. Pelishtees cats come in shaded colors of blue and green.
- Skincrawlers: Tribes of nomadic cats that loot and plunder the hawkoids, pelishtees, humans, and other groups in the area. They have a low view of anyone that is not part of the skincrawler tribes. They are a mix of different cat species there are even some pelishtees among them. They will only open themselves to outsiders for only the following conditions: If they have cat blood in their ancestry, if they choose worship their gods (their main god being a god of war) and adopting their way of life. skincrawlers range from all types of looks and sizes There are even some that are gigantic in size! The species these gigantic cats of the skincrawlers originally came from is unknown. It has been rumored by some skincrawlers that these giants and the blood of the gods in their ancestry. The skincrawlers come in any shade of color of the rainbow.
- Kehsebs: Fluffy little white creatures that the Yoawb family (which Jon is a part of) herd for wool and food. Kehsebs look a lot like earth sheep for some reason.
- Quacki: The species that Jonathin Quackup originated from. They are an ancient people that disappeared centuries prior to the story. These creatures had great power. They watched over the world and protected it. It wasnt until after they disappeared that monsters started appearing all over the world. Jonathin Quackup is the last of the Quacki, who was raised by the hawkoids. The big mystery is where did Jon come from, when Quacki were not seen for centuries. Why was Jon found alone in the wilderness by the Yoawb family, when he was a child?
- Adoollawn: A desert full of sharp, rugged mountains, located on the outer parts of Pelishtee territory.
- Ziglag: A pelishtee city where some of the hawkoids seek refuge in the story.
- Albian: The capital city of the Albian Empire, founded by humans. Its located thousands of leagues away from Ziglag.
- Alba: The city that Alex the chicken lives at. One of the greatest cities of the Albian Empire.
- Kathka: A mythical city where the Pelishtee gods dwell.
- Weralt: The name of the planet.
- Character Information...