The story begins when the alternate John Egbert with retcon abilities teleports into a bizarre new world, straight into a jail cell containing Rose Lalonde, who refuses to leave her cell for the moment due to something she perceives as an "evil spirit haunting her". But things are not quite so edgy for long. After some brief shenanigans, the somewhat more benevolent (but no less shady and worrying) Doc Scratch tells the two that the spirit is her "Stand" - a ghostlike being that fights alongside you with powers ranging from simple but powerful to the truly bizarre and situational. They're like superpowers if they were also ghosts manifested from your willpower.
Scratch goes on to explain that the Jade Harley of this universe (now a friendly but evil 120 year old vampire with the body of Rose's great grandmother from the neck down) has resurfaced and is sending other "Stand Users" to kill them, and that they need to stop her before Rose's mother, Ms. Paint, dies due to Jade's blood connection killing her (read: it's basically just a contrived evil curse and doesn't really matter in terms of details). After a little bit, Rose (whose mother is in danger), John (who wants to help this version of his friend since he's going nowhere and he's just a generally good guy), and a ragtag band of misfits journey to Egypt, where Jade (who is still an evil dog girl vampire) awaits.
The plot and general world structure both come from JJBAs Part 3, while the characters are supplied by Homestuck. Notably, the majority of characters in the fancomic are translated to Jojos plotline based on the Official Homestuck Tarot Cards. For those that are unaware, Stands in Jojos Bizarre Adventure were named first after Tarot cards, and as a result, the Homestuck character on the corresponding card would replace the Jojo character with the stand. This leads to a high number of absurd circumstances.
Tropes associated with this work:
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Silver Chariot, the stand of Eridan (Polnareff in this fic), can use his sword to cut through anything, even void and light particles.
- Accidental Pervert: After retconning his way throughout the past, gaining some backstory on this universe, John happens to return to Rose and Kanaya in a hot tub. Needless to say, he was not ready for what he saw.
- Davesprite falls into this when he begrudgingly accepts to bring Aranea Jade's shirt in exchange for information about the universe.
- Affably Evil: Jade Harley, in her unusual role as the main villain, fits this trope to a tee. Shes a little bit more abrasive than she is in Homestuck proper, but most of her time onscreen is spent messing around with her friends - whether its talking about the wonders of 7-up or watching Ghostbusters with her right hand lady.
- Alternate Universe Fic: As if it wasn't obvious enough. Essentially, it's the plot of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure part 3 with characters from Homestuck. Interestingly enough, John hails from a timeline in Homestuck, but ended up here (and then in cool and new web comic, albeit very briefly) due to retcon powers. Jack Noir does this too, through aimless wandering of the Furthest Ring.
- All Trolls Are Different: Sure enough, trolls from Homestuck appear integrating into society alongside humans on Earth. They still have their own sets of customs and weird romance, but integrated with humanity nonetheless.
- Art Evolution: The artwork shown goes from photos of pencil-drawn scenes to digitally drawn watercolor paint-style scenes, to digitally drawn scenes with smooth artwork, clear coloring, and some very detailed... details. There's still some scribbly moments in there, though.
- Brought Down to Badass: During John's duel with Jack Noir, John gets the arm that he put in the house juju cut off, taking away his retcon powers. He can still do all sorts of windy things and can put up a fierce fight with his hammer.
- Butt-Monkey: Eridan. His sister was raped and murdered prior to the story's events, worked for Jade presumably against his will, and his first kiss is interrupted by his would-be lover spontaneously exploding, just to name a few. Although, things do seem to be looking up for him since he joined the stardust crusaders.
- Crossover: Between Homestuck and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Try and keep up.
- A Day in the Limelight: Eridan gets a much more prominent role than he did in Homestuck proper, and even gets his own arc and character development.
- Diamonds Droog got similar treatment, but didn't have as much of an important role in the plot thus far.
- Defied with Vriska, who gets a whopping eight panels of screen time (fittingly enough) before she is promptly murdered. But she was a bad guy, so it's all good.
- Doppelgänger Crossover: Invoked for J. Geil, who is replaced with the murderous John Geil Egbert in this fic. when the involved characters meet, the results are... interesting.
- Fake-Out Opening: Cronus is introduced as an extremely dangerous villain who planned on picking off the Stardust Crusaders one by one. As it turns out... well, being the most universally hated character in all of paradox space doesn't do him any favors.Rose: That takes care of that pompous ass.John: why did you do that? did i miss something?Rose: Not really. He just had the most punchable face Ive ever seen.
- Gilligan Cut: Played for laughs in this exchange:Rose: I have to wonder - is she some sort of cruel mastermind, puppeteering everyone to fight us with an inconceivable level of manipulation ability?Rose: I can only imagine what shes talking about with her most trusted companions right now.cut to RoxyJade: D:<
- Medium Awareness: To an extent. Thanks to Aranea's powers as a sylph of light, she gains vague insight on who she, and other characters are/were in Homestuck. This conversation sums up her findings on their current plane of existence:Davesprite: so its like if you took the characters and music and sprites of street fighter and dumped them into super mario brothersDavesprite: or even made the mario brothers esque shit from scratchDavesprite: itd still be a street fighter lookin game but itd have a completely different foundation and just be a shittier version of marioAranea: Precisely.
- Monster of the Week: Every chapter has the main protagonists deal with a different stand user. Some pose a legitimate threat to the party, while others are dealt with fairly easily, and simply serve as grounds for Lampshade Hanging and/or Character Development.
- Mood Whiplash: After years of a pent-up desire for revenge, Eridan finally has J. Gile at his mercy (or lack of therof). Eridan then attempts (and fails) at giving his mortal enemy a Pre-Mortem One-Liner, while Droog attempts to salvage Eridan's dignity by coming up with a "Reason You Suck" Speech in Eridan's stead.
- Murderers Are Rapists: J. Gile is stated to be both.
- Mythology Gag: Several to both Homestuck and JBA, in manydifferentforms:summary of events of jojostuck part 2: WQ headed to the Nazi base and attempted infiltration by dressing as an excessively buxom woman. This would have been hilarious if it were done by a man that had huge muscles and a height of 195 cm, but it was not.
- Obligatory Swearing: It wouldn't be Homestuck without it.
- Painting the Medium: The toilet pig in India disturbs Eridan to the point where in any scene where it's onscreen, the panel is devoid of color.
- Pseudocanonical Fic: Remember the John who awkwardly left right before his future self teleported in on them and Terezi gave him instructions on how to fix the timeline back in Homestuck cannon? This is the author's interpretation on where he ended up.
- Unsound Effect: Often used to humorous extents. Then, of course, the classic Jojo stuff.
- Villains Out Shopping: Jade, Roxy, and Terezi do spend a night out on the town and buy some soda. Jade has also been seen playing video games or talking about watching Ghostbusters, among other things, when the perspective shifts to her.