Joe Is Dead - A webcomic about living and dead pirates.
Main site: 
Joseph Cinnabar, Celestial Specialist of the small sailing ship The Sicillian Songbird, former mentor of the Honorable Captain Harriet Hopper... is dead. And it's up to one disgraced crew-member to embark on a quest to enact his final wishes... but will she actually do it? Even if she tries to do it, will she succeed?
Morbidly humorous and set in a surreal world where piracy flourishes, "Joe Is Dead" deals with themes of loss, fitting in, and bonds of trust between people.
This comic provides examples of:
- Absent-Minded Professor: Dr. Helena Horsetail is a physician who has, through a series of events, become a pirate.
- Anti-Hero: Cricket.
- Artistic License Geography: Big time. But it's stylistic and intentional.
- Braggart Boss: Gülsah Gall.
- Butch Lesbian: Cricket.
- The Caligula: Gülsah Gall.
- The Confidant: Gideon Goldenrod.
- The Drunken Sailor: Many characters.
- Everyone Is Gay: It isn't improbable in this case, however, because all pirates in the real world were gay.
- Frame Break: Characters are not confined to the panels of frames.
- Pirates: There are pirates.
- Pirate Girl: Female woman pirates.
- Sexy Scandinavian: The character Haakon Herringbone is Danish.
- Written Sound Effect: It has this.
- Aluminum Christmas Trees