Joanna is a blogger who writes dating advice articles, despite recently going through a nasty breakup. In an act of desperation, she downloads a dating app and just starts swiping right on everyone. This includes someone named "Pantheon" with a strange symbol for a picture.
Seven gods immediately appear and inform her that by swiping right, she has agreed to the contract, and must agree to marry one of them in order to fulfill a prophecy about who will inherit the universe.
The gods are:
- "Alex": God of Creation. Received his name when Joanna had trouble with his real one. Has a blue aura.
- Zidabe: God of Hedonism and Lord of the Third Realm. Has a yellow aura.
- Avusavia: Goddess of Knowledge and Lady of the Fifth Realm. Has a purple aura.
- Daeriel: Goddess of the Underworld. Has a pink aura.
- Xatys: Deity of Balance, and non-binary. Has a teal aura.
- Traïr: God of Duality, Lord of the Eleventh Realm. Has a red aura.
- Alvos: God of Destruction. Has a green aura.
After some initial missteps, Joanna sets down the ground rules: She will go on one date with each god, with another god chaperoning, and the date will not be considered complete until both parties are satisfied. Then they'll eliminate the lowest-scoring gods and continue.
The only problem is, gods like to cheat.
Available on webtoons. The last update was July 2019, though there is a note stating the comic will return.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Curse: Turns out being selected by the prophecy isn't as nice as it sounds. If the contract is broken, everyone involved dies. And while Joanna did theoretically have a choice, the gods didn't.
- Divine Date: The entire point is for Joanna to go on dates with seven gods until she finds the one she likes the most.
- Dream Walker: Alex is, with difficulty, able to speak to Joanna in her dreams.
- Double Standard: Rape, Divine on Mortal: Subverted. Despite the dubious consent of Joanna initially accepting the contract, she is the one who holds all the power and can set all the rules.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: Adorea, Avu's mother. She created her world purely out of boredom, and therefore believes that all the people, including her own children, are only there for her entertainment.
- Homosexual Reproduction: When the gods say their plan is to impregnate Joanna, she points out that half of them are female. They laugh and say that's not a problem for them.
- Infinite Canvas: Season 2 has Joanna falling for an entire chapter, represented mostly by one long panel.
- Magically-Binding Contract: The contract bound both Joanna and the gods when she swiped right. While she theoretically had a choice, the gods didn't, and were chosen by fate. Turns out the contract itself is intelligent, and this is the third time it has tried to fulfill the prophecy.
- Magic Kiss: Avusavia kisses Joanna to make her immune to fire.
- My Beloved Smother: Avusavia has a brief conversation with her family where her mother tries to butt into her life. She turns out to be worse than expected.
- Not Quite Dead: Avu and Joanna die when they crash land onto a mountaintop. Avu says she can put their souls back easily, but unfortunately the nearby afterlife guide isn't going to let them do that.
- Our Demons Are Different: Daeriel is a daemon and the Goddess of the Underworld. She is also the Goddess of Chaos.
- Physical God: All the gods seem like just humans with cool powers. It becomes apparent in season 2 that they are much stronger than they appear, but they still largely act human. Joanna is a little surprised when some people speak of the gods as distant and unknowable entities, when she has much more personal connections to them all.
- Playing with Fire: Avusavia's entire family is heavily associated with fire, and she even gives Joanna immunity to fire.
- Poor Communication Kills: Joanna almost gets sacrificed by Avusavia's priests because they don't share a language.
- Power Glows: Gods have a glowing aura when they're off Earth, or perhaps they intentionally suppress it while on Earth. Joanna gains a very small orange aura when she claims Alvos' cloak.
- Power Incontinence: Alvos, God of Destruction, is extremely powerful relative to his place in the divine pecking order, but has to be careful not to go on a rampage and destroy everything. This makes things complicated when he's trying to protect Joanna, so he throws her through a portal.
- Supernatural Aid: In season 2, Joanna receives several gifts from the gods as she travels through the realms. Alvos gives her a cloak of protection, while Avusavia gives her Translator Microbes and immunity to fire.
- Translator Microbes: Gods apparently have this ability, and Avusavia gives it to Joanna.
- The Unpronounceable: Joanna has trouble with one of the god's names after she first wakes up, so she declares him Alex. Later, she tries to learn his real name, but he's gotten attached to Alex.