Growing Up Grunge is a Webcomic created by Komo, whose Deviantart can be found here. It features Komo, her sister Alicia, and their dog, Tilly as main characters. The plot so far is that Tilly and Zaff (a strange, yellow creature of Komo's own design) find a mysterious Zune laying about, and take it to Komo. As it turns out, the Zune is magical: instead of songs, its years, and what year is selected, the person wearing the headphones is transported to that time. One too many trips later, however, and the girls wind up where they least expect.
Official Website is being created and can be found at www.growingupgrunge.webs.com
Tropes associated with Growing Up Grunge:
- Author Appeal: So much... Not just the bands, but Komo's love for drawing long, slimy tongues comes into play with the dogs and Eddie.
- Author Avatar: Komo. Eddie.
- Butterfly of Doom: What Kurt Cobain and the others think the girls are going end up being
- Canine Companion: Tilly. Jack, to a lesser extent.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: Zaff suggests Komo go back and see the Dinosaurs because of this trope.
- Fangirl: Alicia and Komo (Alicia to Slash (no, not THAT kind of Slash), Komo to long-dead musicians such as Kurt Cobain). Tilly about Balto.
- Flat "What": Alicia in the last frame of page 21.
- Genki Girl: Alicia.
- Moe: Alicia again.
- Only Six Faces: Literally the only difference between the girls is their hair color.
- Perpetual Smiler: Alicia, for the most part.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Izzy the hamster.
- Slasher Smile: Eddie.
- Smoking Is Cool: Kurt Cobain in Rock n' Roll Heaven.
- Squee!: Alicia, more often than not, but Komo does this on the rarest of occasions.
- Talking Animal: Izzy the hamster, as well as Jack and Tilly the miniature Dachshunds.
- The '80s: Where Komo and Alicia go first.
- The Klutz: Alicia is susceptible.
- The Stoic: Word of God says Komo was supposed to be this
- Time Machine: Well, kind of...
- Wise Mentor: Arguable, Komo's father, at least on page 10.
- Write Who You Know: So far, everyone except Zaff.