When Lucy learns that her favorite restaurant, "Dimanche," has changed staff, she must use her uncannily strong sense of smell to find the chef she's admired for so long and rediscover "The Perfect Taste". This leads her to Gourmet Hound, a cafe run by two former Dimanche chefs. From there it's all cute dogs and mouth-watering food. Oh and a tall, handsome grandpa making sure she doesn't break anything.
Gourmet Hound is a webcomic created by Leehama that is hosted on Webtoons.
This webcomic has examples of the following tropes:
- Angry Chef: There are a few contenders for this title among the cast, but Madeleine has the best claim so far. Hostile, touchy, aggressive, perfectionist, and workaholic, she alienates those around her and makes even her friends worry that she might work her kitchen staff (or herself!) to death.
- Career-Ending Injury: Graham's accident damaged a particular bone that resulted to losing his ability to smell.
- Cooking Stories: Falls solidly into this genre.
- Eating Solves Everything: Literally, in this case. Lucy plans to eat the cooking of every former Dimanche chef, in order to solve the mystery of who produced the Perfect Taste...as well as the problem of her sense of loss after her grandmother's passing threw her life into upheaval. Whether this is a valid solution to the latter remains to be seen. She's begun to question it, at least.
- Edible Theme Naming: Every character and chapter are named either after a certain food or food-related item.
- Food Porn: The illustrations of the various dishes are frequently downright mouthwatering, which is only as it should be for the genre in question.
- Has Two Mommies: Chapter 44 introduces Walter's moms, Ophelia and Alice.
- Identical Grandson: Chef Palmier briefly mistakes Lucy for her grandmother Lynn.
- Impossibly Delicious Food: The "Perfect Taste" that Lucy is trying to rediscover.
- Onion Tears: Lucy is introduced in the middle of invoking this trope, chopping a comically large pile of onions in a transparent attempt to pretend she isn't crying over the recent changes at Dimanche.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Lucy is sometimes seen carrying boxes that just as tall as her much to the chagrin of Clementine and Graham.
- Older Than They Look: Lucy (by almost everyone).
- Younger Than They Look: Graham (by Lucy).