20 Minutes into the Future, technology is at its peak, flying cars are everywhere, and mankind has solved most of its problems, so what do they worry about now? Mysterious, dark blob creatures (known as D.U.B.s) threatening the stability of multiple dimensions, of course!
Enter the DCD and one of its newest agents, Emiko Kawasaki, who has sworn to protect the innocent and kick D.U.B. butt!
Genesis Chronicles (probably better known by its original title, Emiko's Genesis) was a webcomic written and drawn by Ian Kim. After getting a Continuity Reboot with an art upgrade, he discontinued the comic to focus on his professional portfolio and has since pulled all of the pages from the internet.
This work has examples of:
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot - Possibly suggested with Eva Lemon, if her name is supposed to be a pun on The Alleged Car.
- Art Shift - Ian Kim started with a Fujishima-inspired Animesque style that gradually became much more unique as Ian developed into a style of his own.
- Ascended Extra - Emiko started her life as the mascot for the Club That Really Likes Anime at the University of Waterloo in Waterloo, Canada. He then began to write her backstory, and eventually started a character page for her. The rest is history.
- Bishōnen - Eric.
- Captain Ersatz - Eva Lemon is a very obvious one for Sharon Apple
- Continuity Reboot - It went from a fairly lighthearted (implied) Massively Multiplayer Crossover to a Darker and Edgier Science Fiction-slash-Police Procedural.
- Deliberately Cute Child - Mai.
- Fingerless Gloves - Eric.
- Fourth-Wall Mail Slot
- Fun with Acronyms - D.U.B.s (anybody who's familiar with the series please help decipher what it originally stood for?)
- Generic Cuteness - Everybody.
- Gratuitous Japanese - all the time. The characters use Honorifics with each other, Mai's speech patterns are peppered with Japanese interjections, etc.
- Hologram - Eva again. Her actual hardware core is rather like GLaDOS'.
- Intercontinuity Crossover - To CAPOW, before Ian Kim left the group and requested that his characters not be turned into NPCs.
- Massively Multiplayer Crossover - The original comic implied that Genesis, the city where Emiko lives, is the hub of all fictional universes.
- Pointy Ears - Eric.
- Super-Deformed - The character style in the Fourth-Wall Mail Slot and elsewhere on the site.
- Take That! - The D.U.B.s are black masses that corrupt everything they touch.
- Winged Humanoid - Nana.