It's a time of peace for Gemkind on Earth. Corrupted Gems have been healed, prisoners of war have been freed, and Pink Diamond's fragmented court has reunited under their new leader; one who encourages individuality and self expression over conformity and sacrifice.
The Crystal Gems continue to maintain their commitment to the protection and preservation of Earth and its inhabitants, but without the distraction of a looming threat, Rose Quartz's former army has begun the long and difficult process of healing from their traumas.
In their home in Beach City, the Crystal Gems have settled into a calmer life where they feel safe and free to express themselves in ways they couldn't before. In this new environment, there has been surprising developments among the gems...
Pearl and Amethyst have just welcomed a new baby into the Crystal Gem family. But Lapis and Peridot are about to steal their thunder with news of their own.
Full Temple provides examples of:
- All Gays are Promiscuous: Played for Laughs in "Breakups". When Pearl and Amethyst decide to commit to a monogamous relationship, Pearl starts calling all of the girls she would date on the side (including Priyanka apparently) to tell them. When Amethyst realizes that she has "loose ends" to tie up, she does just that. With who? Every quartz at the Human Zoo. At once.Holly Blue Agate: What?! This is an outrage!
- Bizarre Alien Biology:
- Pearl Junior is the first full-gem birthed naturally like a human (between two different types of Gems no less), so she is as big of a mystery as Steven was, if not more so. She is born like a human baby, with a fully-functioning digestive system (needing food and diapers like an organic baby), but has teeth and is thus able to chew solid foods even when only a week old. She also requires sleep, and later issues fast forward to show that she ages like a human as well. This seems to apply to other naturally born gems as well.
- According to the author, PJ is only two years older than AJ. With concept art showing PJ in her early teens playing with AJ as a baby◊, this implies that naturally-born gems age much quicker than humans.
- Butch Lesbian: Much like Pearl, Pearl Jr. in "AJ loves Adam" seems to be this as she is in a relationship with Bob.
- Comically Missing the Point: Lapis feels guilty when she overhears that her and Peridot taking Steven's bed has mildly inconvenienced him, so Peridot tries making it better.Peridot: (to Steven) Steven, you're problems are upsetting Lapis! Stop having them!
- Death by Childbirth:
- Averted, but Discussed. The strain of birthing Pearl Junior poofed Amethyst, and it took her nine days to reform. Pearl feared the worst, worried that she would disappear forever like Rose. She even admits to Amethyst that she tried not to love Pearl Junior while she waited.
- In "AJ loves Adam", Holly Blue Agate had two half-gem, half-human sons with Andy DeMayo, implying that gem-human reproduction has since been perfected in a manner that does not kill the gem-parent like with Rose.
- Emo Teen: Pierre has this written all over her, her actions similar to Lapis during her moody phase after officially becoming roommates with Peridot.
- Foreshadowing: When Bismuth comments how Pearl Junior is too small for the sword that she made her, Garnet tells her that the sword is too small and that she should make it bigger. It is later revealed that she would grow to be twice as big as Pearl.
- Head Pet:
- Homosexual Reproduction: Gems are a One-Gender Race (with feminine characteristics) that are artificially grown. Through clever use of shapeshifting however, it is discovered that Gems can reproduce just like humans.
- Imperiled in Pregnancy:
- Since Rose Quartz gave up her physical form to birth Steven, Pearl was terrified that something similar would happen to Amethyst after they conceive Pearl Junior. When the time came, Amethyst was poofed, and did not reform for another week (a long time for her).
- Due to her condition, the strain of Lapis trying to calm the stormy beach to have a proper conversation with Pearl causes her gem to crack. Lucky for them Steven was at the house to heal it.
- Love-Obstructing Parents: In "AJ loves Adam", while Pearl does not exactly approve of AJ's relationship with Adam, Adam's mother Holly Blue Agate outright forbids it, leading to a fight between Holly and Pearl that nearly destroys the house. It is implied by PJ that she does not approve of AJ because she is a girly-girl without a single aggressive bone (if natural-born gems have bones) in her body.
- Kid Fic: A webcomic variety of this, the premise being Pearl and Amethyst having a child in a relationship.
- One-Steve Limit: Steven suggests calling the baby PJ for Pearl Junior.
- Patchwork Kids:
- As a baby, Pearl Junior looks like a baby version of Pearl but with a prominently purple color scheme and Amethyst's lips. In the Time Skip pages, we see that she grows to be twice as tall as Pearl.
- At some point, Holly Blue Agate and Andy DeMayo end up having have two sons. Both looks very similar and might be twins, but while one looks human and has Andy's blonde hair, the other has Holly's color scheme.
- Power Perversion Potential: Peridot finally figures out how to shape-shift and uses it to conceive a child with Lapis.
- Secret Relationship: It is strongly implied that 8XJ and Holly Blue Agate were making out (or something else) in the bathroom.Amethyst: Hey Holly. Sneaking somewhere?
- Shout-Out: The title, and the font it's in, is a reference to Full House.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: Played for Laughs. In "Bonus comic: Drawing", the Gem offspring are all asked to draw their favorite animal. Pearl Junior draws a Bedsheet Ghost, Lapis and Peridot's children draw Pumpkin, a Human Centipede and a bloody knife, and PJ's younger sibling Amethyst Junior does Fanart of "Two Single Vampire Dads" in a sexually compromising position.
- Violence is the Only Option: In "AJ loves Adam", PJ tells AJ that Holly Blue Agate will only respect her is she kicks her ass, Agates being a gem-type predisposed for combat. Considering AJ is more lover than fighter, PJ gives her a hand by fusing into Opal Jr.