It's a time of peace for gemkind on Earth. Corrupted gems have been healed, prisoners of war have been freed, and Pink Diamond's fragmented court has reunited under their new leader; one who encourages individuality and self expression over conformity and sacrifice.
The Crystal Gems continue to maintain their commitment to the protection and preservation of Earth and its inhabitants, but without the distraction of a looming threat, Rose Quartz's former army has begun the long and difficult process of healing from their traumas.
In their home in Beach City, the Crystal Gems have settled into a calmer life where they feel safe and free to express themselves in ways they couldn't before. In this new environment, there has been surprising developments among the gems...
Pearl and Amethyst have just welcomed a new baby into the Crystal Gem family. But Lapis and Peridot are about to steal their thunder with news of their own.
Full Temple provides examples of:
- Alternate Universe Fic
- Beta Couple: Lapis and Peridot
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Pearl Junior is the first full-gem birthed naturally like a human (between two different types of gems no less), so she is as big of a mystery as Steven was, if not more so. She is born like a human baby, with a fully-functioning digestive system (needing food and diapers like an organic baby), but has teeth and is thus able to chew solid foods even when only a week old. She also requires sleep, and later issues fast forward to show that she ages like a human as well. This seems to apply to other naturally born gems as well.
- According to the author, PJ is only two years older than AJ. With concept art showing PJ in her early teens playing with AJ as a baby◊, this implies that naturally-born gems age much quicker than humans.
- Coupled Couples: Pearl, Amethyst, Lapis and Peridot
- Death by Childbirth: Averted, but Discussed. The strain of birthing Pearl Junior poofed Amethyst, reforming nine days later. Pearl feared the worst, worried that she would disappear forever like Rose. She even admits to Amethyst that she tried not to love Pearl Junior while she waited.
- Emo Teen: Pierre has this written all over her, her actions similar to Lapis during her moody phase after officially becoming roommates with Peridot.
- Foreshadowing: When Bismuth comments how Pearl Junior is too small for the sword that she made her, Garnet tells her that the sword is too small and that she should make it bigger. It is later revealed that she would grow to be twice as big as Pearl.
- Homosexual Reproduction: Gems are a One-Gender Race (with feminine characteristics) that are artificially grown. Through clever use of shapeshifting however, it is discovered that gems can reproduce just like humans.
- Imperiled in Pregnancy:
- Since Rose Quartz gave up her physical form to birth Steven, Pearl was terrified that something similar would happen to Amethyst after they conceive Pearl Junior. When the time came, Amethyst was poofed, and did not reform for another week (a long time for her).
- Due to her condition, the strain of Lapis trying to calm the stormy beach to have a proper conversation with Pearl causes her gem to crack. Lucky for them Steven was at the house to heal it.
- Kid Fic: A webcomic variety of this.
- One Steve Limit: Steven suggests calling the baby PJ for Pearl Junior.
- Patchwork Kids:
- As a baby, Pearl Junior looks like a baby version of Pearl but with a prominently purple color scheme and Amethyst's lips. In the Time Skip pages, we see that she grows to be twice as tall as Pearl.
- Bob, Pierre and Percy all share differing characteristics of their parents Lapis and Peridot.
- Power Perversion Potential: Peridot finally figures out how to shapeshift. What does she do with it? She uses it to conceive a child with Lapis.
- Secret Relationship: It is strongly implied that 8XJ and Holly Blue Agate were making out (or something else) in the bathroom.Amethyst: Hey Holly. Sneaking somewhere?
- Only Known by Their Nickname: PJ and AJ
- Shout-Out: The title, and the font it's in, is a reference to Full House.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: Played for Laughs. In "Bonus comic: Drawing", the gem offspring are all asked to draw their favorite animal. Pearl Junior draws a Bedsheet Ghost, Lapis and Peridot's children draw Pumpkin, a Human Centipede and a bloody knife, and PJ's younger sibling Amethyst Junior does Fanart of "Two Single Vampire Dads" in a sexually compromising position.