Five Kids at Freddys is a fan webcomic by Jammythewerewolf, based on the game Five Nights at Freddy's 2 by Scott Cawthon.
It follows four children and one teenager as they attempt to escape from Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria after following a man in a yellow bear suit. Trouble is, the management already believes them to be dead, and has locked the place down. The pizzeria also just so happens to be home to several malfunctioning animatronics...
Following the completion of the first chapter in early 2016, Jammy decided to end it at that, wanting to work on more original projects, and everything related to the comic was soon deleted. It can still be found through archives here for Comic Fury, or here. from DeviantArt.
Five Kids at Freddy's contains examples of:
- Adaptation Expansion: Events which probably took place during one night in the games' canon are stretched over three days here. Although likewise, events that may have occurred over a much longer period also take place during the same three nights, give or take.
- Adult Fear: Two children disappeared during their birthday party, causing everyone to drop their guard and panic as they search for them. During this time, two other children were also taken. All four are then almost murdered, and trapped inside a large pizzeria full of killer robots.
- Age Lift: One of the kids is actually a teenager.
- Big Eater: Shelleys first thought upon waking in the pizzeria is the candy Freddy promised her. The thought of breakfast later wakes her up again at five in the morning.
- Break the Cutie: Poor Shelley. This also seems to have happened to Billy, even before the comic began.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: The majority of the comic is in greyscale, but when color does appear, each animatronic is often associated with a specific color.
- '80s Hair: Shelleys hair is rather big. And literal 80s hair.
- The Faceless: Jeremy is never seen without his face covered. Bonnie is also literally without a face.
- Friend to All Children: Freddy, at the very least. Bonnie and Chica may also be this.
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: Present when the comic is compared to the canon games. Jeremy is somehow able to wear the Freddy mask at all times, though this is hand waved by the fact he wears the toy version rather than the original, which is lighter. He is also able to survive at least one jumpscare, and is actually portrayed as conversing with Phone Guy.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Freddy pulls one early on, temporarily creating a safe place for Shelley, and distracting the toys away from her.
- Mythology Gag: And a reference to the canon games: when Tracey first appears, the first thing they do is whack Toy Chica around the head with a chair, causing her eyes and beak to pop out of her head.
- One Steve Limit: Averted. After the reveal of the killer's real name, there are two very different characters named William.
- Posthumous Character: The two employees who were killed by the spring suits.
- Stage Magician: Tracey.
- Tears of Blood: One sure sign that something is very, very wrong.
- Together in Death: Shadow Bonnie and Shadow Freddy, who were the entertainers killed when their suits malfunctioned, one after the other.
- Too Dumb to Live: Shelley initially seems this way, but it turns out to be subverted in that she did suspect something was wrong, but was too stubborn to believe it.