This is now the not-so-pleasant life of Nathan, a teenage boy who got turned into a vampire and managed to escape a shadowy organization that was going experiments on him.
Fortunately, he meets up with other supernatural beings (specifically a werewolf named Lyne) and acclimates to his new afterlife while trying to understand... what exactly happened to him?
Warnings for slight gore, swearing, non-sexual nudity and occasional death of both people and animals.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Bad Liar: "Yeah, that sounds good."
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: When Nathan is escaping from the lab in the prologue, he punches a guard and is horrified that this kills him instantly.
- Full-Frontal Assault: In a variant, Nathan initially hunts animals naked, possibly to keep blood off of his clothes. He later switches to doing it in his underwear.
- Fur Against Fang: Averted, as this comic centers on a vampire/werewolf friendship.
- Given Name Reveal: A variant, as it has to do with a place: the town in chapter three is Gévaudan, home of a legendary monster that is often equated with a werewolf in modern tellings.
- Male Frontal Nudity: Nathan, near the beginning of chapter one. Due to Tumblr's rules, eventually edited to be somewhat more censored.
- Missing Reflection: When Nathan looks in the mirror, he sees a sort of shadowy silhouette where his head should be.
- Must Be Invited: Vampires cannot enter homes unless invited, which is why Nathan had to steal his clothes from a mall instead. He seems to find this vampire rule particularly annoying, noting how illogical it is.
- Naked First Impression: The first time that Nathan and Lyne meet, he's hiding behind a rock and has to ask her to close her eyes so that he can get dressed.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: The bar in chapter three's village is called "The Trigger.""I really don't like the name of th—"
- Older Than He Looks: Nathan is fourteen. Lyne guessed more like eleven or twelve.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Nathan has the fairly standard list of powers and weaknesses.
- Undeathly Pallor: Nathan. He notes that he looks like he has a terminal disease.
- Van Helsing Hate Crimes: So far our protagonists have been captured by Mad Scientists and then attacked by a mob in a village that they visit.