While it is currently ongoing, Dragon Ball Unguarded currently has six chapters. The comic is updated every Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Dragon Ball Unguarded provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: King Cold is undoubtedly this. His spars with Freeza usually hospitalize him, and he, at one point, sent Freeza to a Death World to try and conquer it, not caring if Freeza lives or dies.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Tsukiryuu, for being weaker than the rest of the Saiyans, is usually ostracized and deprived of food from the other Saiyans.
- Anti-Villain: Remarkably, Dragon Ball Unguarded manages to turn Freeza into this. Freeza, while a Jerkass and entitled, shows hesitation in his more heinous actions, only serving to please his father. He even shows more noble traits, like saving a young Saiyan girl from being lured away by one of his own henchmen.
- Benevolent Boss: Cooler is shown to be reasonable with his men, and he doesn't try to intimidate his men like his father.
- Big Brother Bully: Cooler is more than just a little abrasive with his brother, though that isn't to say that Freeza isn't provoking him.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Freeza, while not concretely evil yet, is still abrasive, entitled and dickish overall.
- Cheerful Child: Tsukiryuu is usually seen with a happy expression, despite the situations she finds herself in.
- Covert Pervert: Freeza spends most of his free time spying on the women of his race while they're either sunbathing or in hot tubs, not that they mind, though. Though a lot of these are thwarted by Captain Ginyu.
- Deadpan Snarker: Freeza, aside from being abrasive and mildly sadistic, is also very sarcastic and snarky.Captain Ginyu: Found you!
Freeza: Found me?
Captain Ginyu: Yes sir!
Freeza: I just landed in the open.
Captain Ginyu: And I knew you would be here!
Freeza: In broad daylight.
- Domestic Abuse: Aside from routinely beating both of his children, King Cold is also abusive towards their mother, Queen Cold. He, at one point, broke her hand because she disagreed with how he was raising Freeza.
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom: The prologue starts off with the destruction of Planet Vegeta, and in the comic proper Freeza has been shown blowing up the aforementioned Death World, albeit on accident.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: The only person Freeza isn't seen being abrasive towards is his mother, Queen Cold. While the same is true for King Cold, Freeza is also not afraid of his mother.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Freeza, while not apparent at first, has been shown to be warming up to Tsuyikuu.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Freeza, having caught one of his fathers men trying to lure Tsukiryuu away for what is implied to be unsavory purposes, kills him in a rather messy way.
- As stated numerous times above, Freeza is abrasive and entitled. However a lot of his interactions with Tsukiryuu borders on Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- King Cold is a more straight forward example, due to being an abusive father and husband and a Bad Boss.
- Prince Vegeta the Third, his Establishing Character Moment has him physically abusing Tsukiryuu with his cronies because she tried to take his bread.
- Kidanova: As stated above, whenever Freeza spies on the women of his race, they tend to be quite pleased with the fact that he's watching them.
- Mistaken for Gay: Though Freeza was really pressing his brothers buttons, he accused Cooler's interview of one of his henchmen as being one of his "salacious conquests".
- Moment Killer:
- Anytime Freeza happens to be watching women, Captain Ginyu, without fail, always swipes Freeza away.
- However, Freeza is prone to being this too, being, in Coolers words, a "boner killer".
- Noble Demon: Some of the henchmen that work for King Cold qualify, as some qualify as Affably Evil, yet work for a genocidal mad man and his entitled son.
- Really Gets Around: If whatever Freeza said happens to be true, Cooler is always on, what Freeza calls, "salacious conquests".
- Sophisticated as Hell: While Cooler is generally more well-spoken and mature than Freeza, he has some moments where he just outright cusses out Freeza. Most notably:Cooler: THE HELL ARE YOU GAWKING AT, YOU MISERABLE LITTLE BONER KILLER?