Dolmistaska is a webcomic written by Angusburgers, that follows the life of a "desert cat" named PM inside the city-spanning Dolmistaska mall.
Dolmistaska contains examples of:
- Berserk Button: PM's parents are a sore subject for them already, but asking them about how they came to be if their parents aren't the same species will make them extremely angry.
- Building of Adventure: The entire comic takes place inside the eponymous Dolmistaska mall.
- Cassette Futurism: The department store where Corriveau works has a video game display set up on a clunky CRT, while hologram projectors can be found at a flea market.
- Crapsack World: Dolmistaska is a crapsack mall. The older areas are abandoned, overrun with decay, overgrowth, and wildlife, and the more dangerous sections are filled with asbestos and/or "mall elementals". The US military patrols regularly, mall security often picks fights with street gangs, and the mall owner is a real dick about rent.
- Five-Finger Discount: PM steals a bagful of hot dog rolls from a concession stand while the owner is distractedly complaining about the prices of owning such a stand being increased.
- Meaningful Name: As stated in a Tumblr post by the author, the Dolmistaska mall is named after 3 Quebec cities that were razed to make space for its endless expansions— Dolbeau, Mistassini, and Péribonka— since old portions of it are never renovated.
- Non-Residential Residence: Corriveau and PM live in an abandoned furniture store.
- Parallel Parking: PM does a perfect 180 drift into an open spot between two other cars, to the applause of bystanders.
- Punny Name: You won't like hearing about Slapsyur Kokov's signature move.
- Random Species Offspring: Corriveau's father is apparently a completely normal human being.
- Scenery Porn: The backgrounds in some of the larger panels are incredibly detailed.
- Soul-Sucking Retail Job: The manger of the Yellers where Corriveau works makes her work unreasonable hours, and she's worried that she'll be fired if PM keeps loitering.
- The Alleged Car: PM's hovercar - based on the Citroën Karin concept - is referred to as a "piece of shit" by everyone, including PM themself.
- The Mall: The entire setting! It helps that it spans three cities. It's so large and sprawling that it mirrors actual cities in multiple ways, with parts of it being modern, lively and crawling with people, while other parts are decaying and abandoned, with nature overtaking it and wild animals (and clowns) roaming freely.