Demonseed Redux! (Can only be accessed through Internet Archive) is an bi-weekly Underground Comic series. It is written by Martin "Bugby" Adams and features art by Alessandra "Krystalvix" Roga since September of 2016.
The plot revolves around Calvino "Chico" DelRay Vincente and Deion "Dee-Dee" Meadows, two lovers who unwittingly become key players in the battle to save Earth from a demonic invasion. Dee, an angel, and Chico, a recently-transmuted demon, have the unique ability to create hybrid angel-demon offspring, and this becomes a cornerstone of their role in the fight.
Other characters include: Rhoda VanFen, a succubus and Chico's former lover who is an antagonistic threat to the couple, "Uncle Hal" Halford, Chico's bar employer and adopted parent who seems to be savvy in the ways of heaven and hell, Mama Baga, a mysterious mentor of Dee's who is a sorceress and extremely knowledgeable when it comes to angels and demons, Jean Connors and Paula Petucci, Dee's human roommates, Dusty and Skunky, Chico's bandmates, and Roger the demon hunter.
Demonseed Redux! borrows storytelling elements from biblical-themed fantasy as well as Pandering to the Base setups from anime and Soap Operas. This gives the series a classic sitcom feel despite being a decidedly fetishistic comic book.
Demonseed Redux! is a retelling of the two prior incarnations published as ebooks: The "Classic" Demonseed comics and Demonseed Tales featuring extra, AU stories. Author Martin Adams has stated that he considers both the classic series and Demonseed Tales to be apocryphal, with the true canon found in Demonseed Redux! stories. Compared to the original Porn with Plot comic, Demonseed Redux! downplays NSFW content for the sake of a deeper story.
The comic hasn't received updates since Dec 7th 2019 despite the notice that more is coming. After a year of silence, the comics' homepage and Patreon was taken down, abruptly ending the story on a Cliffhanger at Page 124.
Please only add examples from the Redux! version.
Demonseed Redux! provides examples of:
- Affectionate Nickname: Most heroic characters don't refer to each other by their full names, using nicknames instead.
- Art Evolution: The webcomic was initially published in monochrome. From Act IV the comic is in full color.
- Artistic License – Biology: Pregnant characters sans Dee are shown with large Balloon Belly.
- Author Appeal: The authors Adams and Roga are both fans of pregnancy fetishism.
- Baby Factory: Many captured angels and lesser demons are forced to produce armies of demon eggs for the coming holy war.
- Dee tries to use a broken hilt on a demon while shouting "here goes nothing" and nothing happens. Then the hilt becomes an energy machete and the demon gets cut down.
- Rhoda makes Chico stab Dee with her sword and escapes. While Dee collapses, this sword just passes through angels without harming them.
- Both Chico and Dee don't trust Roger for separate reasons and think he may secretly be an incubus. He's an angel and, snark aside, is generally a good guy, though it makes him being Hal's nephew odd.
- Bad Boss: The hooded Big Bad tells Rhoda that it'd be best for her if she succeeds in bringing Chico in. He finds it suspicious she even thinks of him as a person and doesn't see what's special in him. When he confirms in person that Chico is indeed an unusual case, he wonders between punishing her anyway or sending her to do the job.
- Batman Gambit: Rhoda uses a brainwashed Chico as an attack dog against Dee's human friends, but then changes her mind and monitors where would they go in their predicament.
- Big Bad: Rhoda and other demons answer to a mysterious In the Hood mastermind of the upcoming war, Galadrel, who has kidnapped many angels and demons to make them "breeding drones".
- Blood Magic: Rhoda scratches Chico's face and then does a magical ritual with his blood, turning him into part-incubus remotely.
- Born of Heaven and Hell:
- Chica's and Dee's children would be angel-incubus hybrids, but due to unusual circumstances behind the conception, characters question how they'd really turn out.
- Chica's biological parents are a rogue succubus Serenity and a Fallen Angel Galadrel, which explains why demons are naturally attracted to him.
- Brainwashed: With Chico being a part-demon, Rhoda gives him a magical amulet, which turns him into a full demon and her mindless slave until it gets broken.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: In a bonus page, Dee congratulates Chico for having a 100th. He panics if it's about babies and she says it's the 100th comic.
- Breeding Slave: The main war strategy for demons is to breed en-masse with non-demons and overwhelm the heaven with numbers. The lifespan of the slaves is rather short as a result.
- Brick Joke:
- When Dee starts feeling unwell her friends think she's pregnant. Later when she confirms it, turns out they've made a Side Bet between themselves.
- Hal owns an old brickphone with bulging buttons, which gets mocked. Later Mama Baga comments that he has called her 6 times by accident.
- Broken Pedestal: Chico is not happy that Uncle Hal hid boy's inhuman origins from him, and considers siding with Galadrel if he promises to keep Dee safe, and starts fighting Roger.
- Cassandra Truth: In the past Roger made Chico break up with his girlfriend Gilda because he thinks she's bad. Turns out she was a succubus in disguise and Roger protected him, but Chico always held a grudge against him without knowing the story.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Dee protected Chico since they were kids, which carries on after he gets involved with demons. Chico had a crush on Dee from an early age, and he keeps thinking of her even while in a relationship with Rhoda. After Rhoda turns out to be evil, he hooks up with Dee for real.
- Chosen Conception Partner: Rhoda reveals she was pandering to Chico's fetishes solely to make him a father of a demonic brood and didn't care for his feelings. Dee further comments that demons generally view humans as Breeding Slaves and the "becoming king of hell" thing was a lie.
- Creepy Good: Mama Baga is a rather spooky, brash lady with nothing but good intentions.
- Dating Service Disaster: Chico becomes Rhoda's boyfriend through a dating app after falling for her mutual interest in pregnancy. He then quickly realizes that this is where their shared traits stop and she's not really his type, not to mention she had ulterior motives.
- Demon Slaying: Roger is a demon hunter and Hal's real nephew. While he promises to not ruin Chico's future family, Chico can't trust him.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: At the beginning of the webcomic Chico dreams of himself being a demon king with Dee as his pregnant angel queen. Soon afterwards Rhoda promises him the first part and Dee turns out to be an angel and much later also pregnant.
- Explosive Breeder: Demon eggs are known to grow at alarming rate. While it's not shown, pregnant girls are noted to give birth to dozens at once and become "as large as a house" within days. Mama Baga uses a magic lotion on Dee to minimize the effects.
- Fallen Angel: The backstory notes that the first demons were angels who wanted to breed with humans by force. The Big Bad Galadriel is literally one of The Fallen, thought it's not explained why full demons answer to him.
- Foreshadowing: Multiple characters think Chico was unusual even before being turned into half-incubus. Turns out Chico was really Born of Heaven and Hell.
- Good Girls Avoid Abortion: When Dee mentions she got pregnant by a human, Mama Baga immediately prepares to do an abortion because it means he has to be possessed. Dee refuses because Chico always wanted to have a child.
- Happily Adopted: Chico and Dee are treated as family by Hal and Mama Baga respectively and they trust them the most.
- Hidden Depths: Chico's initial pregnancy fetish is later shown to be related to his wish to have a large family, and later he commits to the relationship with Dee, focusing on protecting the babies.
- It's Not You, It's Me:
- Chico says to Rhoda that their relationship isn't working out, but it must be something up with him.
- Dee tells she was avoiding being viewed by Chico's romantically to hide herself being an angel, and being effectively a soldier isn't much into romance anyway. Another factor is that when she tried to romance him the first time, Chico had an angelic smell on him, which scared Dee away.
- It May Help You on Your Quest: The sword Mama Baga gives Dee is, at first, a useless hilt. Later, it transforms into an Energy Weapon.
- In the Hood: The Big Bad wears a red hood that completely shadows his face. He later reveals to be rather similar to Chico, his son.
- Jerkass: Even before becoming an antagonist, Rhoda asks Chico to ditch all his friends, Dee included, and stay with her. When she attacks Dee, Chico figures out she didn't love him in the first place. As a demon henchmen, she thinks about getting back at Dee even if she's been told to capture her alive.
- Jesus Taboo: The series borrows Biblical themes, but tends to incorporate its own mythology over Biblical canon.
- Law of Inverse Fertility: Rhoda tried to make babies with Chico for weeks while they were dating, but it just didn't work. Dee has sex with Chico as friends and notes angels can't get pregnant by humans, but to everyone's surprise Chico has already stopped being human by then.
- Local Hangout: "Uncle" Hal owns a bar where Chico and friends spend most of the time at.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Galadrel tells Chica that he is his father. Chica even lampshades the Trope Namer in disbeleif.
- MacGuffin Title: The Demonseed is Title Dropped a couple of times and is a part of Big Bad's plan. In effect, it's Galadrel's genes that would allow making Nephilims for the war, which Chico as his son also has. It's yet to be made clear why it's not working for Galadrel but does for Chico.
- Missing Mom: Chico's real parents are brought up a few times. His adoptive parents died as well and Hal is his only family. His mother is a demoness Serenity, who stumbled on Hal's bar to birth and died, in his arms, possibly from the experiments. And his biological father turns out to be Galadrel.
- Only a Flesh Wound: Dee is cut from behind by Rhoda's raven-griffon. When Chica kills it, Dee says she's fine by quoting the trope. Though on top of being pregnant, it eventually takes a toll on her.
- Pocket Protector: When Rhoda goes into the bar the second time, Hal shoots her with a Silver Bullet to the chest. The Binding Medallion under her shirt takes the hit instead, slowly undoing Chico's brainwashing.
- Pregnant Badass: Dee is pregnant with Chico's child and often doesn't feel well, but she can still pull up a fight.
- Pun: When fighting Rhoda, Dee reaches for the word and says she'll "handle" this.
- Scenery Censor: While Demonseed Redux! doesn't shy from showing nudity, it avoids showing explicit sex or genitalis with various methods.
- Secret War: Chico gets dragged into an old war between angels and demons, with only a few characters knowing about it beforehand.
- Selective Obliviousness: When Rhoda first reveals herself as a succubus and offers him to become a king of a demonic harem (turns out to be a lie), he thinks he's dreaming and goes outside to get fresh air.
- Sexy Dimorphism: Male demons are portrayed as large orcs, while succubi are mostly humanoid.
- Sex Sells: The comics' main draw is pregnancy-centric erotica.
- Super Breeding Program: The Big Bad's main goal is to create a Nephilim through a magical Demonseed and win the war.
- Succubi and Incubi: Rhoda is a villainous succubus who wants Chico's seeds to build an army. In her true form she has Pointy Ears, small horns and goat legs.
- Surprise Pregnancy: At the beginning of the series, Dee insists Chico, as a human, is unable to get her, an angel, pregnant. Him being unwittingly turned into a demon by Rhoda makes just that happen.
- Two Shots from Behind the Bar: When Rohda shows at the bar as a succubus, Hal loads a handgun with a Silver Bullet and makes her leave.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: When Rhoda gets captured by the heroes, she asks to be trialed for attempted murder. Nobody humors her and once Chica uses the sword , but Galadrel teleports her away.