The title page for Chapter One: Sugars.
Cornucopia (also known as Nuco) is a webcomic by Brendan Blaber, aka JelloApocalypse. The comic follows Hiccup, a ninja who travels across the continent of Cornucopia having adventures.
Currently, the comic is on hiatus after Jello started production on the first season of Epithet Erased. A backup can be found here.
Cornucopia contains examples of:
- Atrocious Alias: Hiccup chooses the alias Yawn when in Sugars.
- Bait-and-Switch Comment:
Lily: Youre a ninja!? Thats so... disappointing.
- Deadpan Snarker: Hiccup often makes sarcastic remarks, either at the other characters or to himself.
Hiccup: Oh no. Imagine me. A ninja. Defeated by a net.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Hiccup may be a thief, but hes horrified by the king allowing the army to open fire on him when hes holding Lily hostage as a human shield.
- Genki Girl: Lily is the energetic and easily excited groundskeeper of the Palace of Sugars.
- Inside Job: Hiccup joins the gumdrop guard (as a volunteer) to steal the Golden Gumdrop.
- Secret Underground Passage: The Palace of Sugars has one of these, leading from the dungeon to the bathroom.
- Shoot the Hostage: At the end of chapter one, Hiccup is holding Lily hostage as a human shield to stop the army from attacking him. The king decides they should open fire anyway. At the last moment, Hiccup pushes her away and lets himself be arrested.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: Many people make fun of Hiccups chosen power: controlling paint.
Lily: Pfft! Thats a stupid power!