Conventional Wisdom is a Webcomic by Simon Ladd about anime conventions. Part Journal Comic, part Life Embellished, Conventional Wisdom chronicles the real life unreality of the convention world... with a healthy dose of mascot characters thrown in for good measure.
Conventional Wisdom contains examples of:
- Aborted Arc - A planned series of Digimon crossover comics was called off with only two pages finished (and one of those was only half done)
- Author Appeal - Digimon is one of the author's favorite anime. This becomes obvious very quickly.
- Author Avatar - "The Cartoonist"
- Butt-Monkey - Scribbles: the Mascot of Writer's Block. he exists entirely for this purpose.
- Cosplay - It's about anime conventions. Of COURSE there's cosplay.
- Crossdresser - It's an anime convention, gender confusion is an everyday occurrence. (Available in both Creepy and Wholesome varieties)
- Filler - Every week without actual convention coverage gets a filler comic.
- Limited Wardrobe - While The Cartoonist is often seen cosplaying, his "every day" attire is limited to the "LOGO" T-shirt.
- and even when he's cosplaying, it's as Dr. Clayton Forrester FAR more often than anything else.
- No Sense of Direction - Seen very often.
- Real Life Writes the Plot - That's the whole point, right?
- Right on Queue - It's anime conventions. Long lines are a fact of life
- Self-Deprecation - ALL THE TIME.
- Series Mascot - There's a whole cast of mascot characters, though Scribbles seems to reign as mascot of the series as a whole.
- Sudden Downer Ending - The last page of the Intervention 2013 update.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life - Observe.