Contrasts is a Star Wars fan comic written and drawn by Gizzlescribbles. It mainly takes place during the Clone Wars Era and focuses on Ahsoka Tano and Barriss Offee and their relationship with each other. This comic is obviously not canon, and it is confirmed by Word of God that the story will veer from canon as it goes on. The comic can be read here
This web-comic provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Barriss and Ahsoka, both female Jedi who are good with their lighsabers, fighting battles in the Clone Wars.
- The Big Damn Kiss: After much pining on Ahsoka's part and suggestive but not definitive reactions from Barriss when they get close, at last Barriss kisses her.
- Dark and Troubled Past:
- Ahsoka was taken from her parents as a baby and doesn't remember them, she was also left isolated and alone after all her fellow trainees and friends were taken to be made Padawans and she wasn't.
- Barriss had it worse, with her mother being forced to abandon her at the Jedi Temple to avoid having to bring her back to their Crapsack World, and Barriss being trained and raised by Luminara Unduli, who was caring, but emotionally distant.
- Hate Sink: We clearly aren't supposed to like the droid that sent Barriss' family back to their home planet, which was a Crapsack World, forcing her mother to leave her at the Jedi Temple.
- Hereditary Homosexuality: Ahsoka and Barriss both had two mothers, the backstory reveals. Ahsoka falls for Barriss, who returns her affections eventually.
- Jerkass: Mace Windu is about as pleasant as usual.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Ahsoka and Barriss, respectively.
- Ahsoka's crush on Barriss is very obvious. She's also quite feminine, even, girlish at times, in her manner. Ahsoka may be a lipstick bisexual, assuming her attraction to Lux is still part of the comics' world.
- Barriss eventually reciprocates Ahsoka's attraction. Her style is even more feminine, as she's outfitted in something more closely resembling a dress, with her head scarf too, and is a demure person.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: After a Time Skip, Ahsoka proved herself to be a great warrior and arbiter.
- Relationship Upgrade: Ahsoka and Barriss have a ton of UST until at last Barriss kisses her. Preoccupation with the war, rather mixed feelings from Barriss and the non-attachment teachings of the Jedi appear to have caused it.