Contrasts is a Star Wars fan comic written and drawn by Gizzlescribbles. It mainly takes place during the Clone Wars Era and focuses on Ahsoka Tano and Barriss Offee and their relationship with each other. This comic is obviously not canon, and it is confirmed by Word of God that the story will veer from canon as it goes on. The comic can be read here
This web-comic provides examples of:
- Adorkable: Both Ahsoka and Barriss, for different reasons.
- Badass Gay: Ahsoka's attraction to Barriss did not impair her ability to kick ass.
- Berserk Button: Don't try to justify the war to Barriss, she slips into Tranquil Fury and gave Ahsoka the cold shoulder.
- Dark and Troubled Past:
- Ahsoka was taken from her parents as a baby and doesn't remember them, she was also left isolated and alone after all her fellow trainees and friends were taken to be made padawans and she wasn't.
- Barriss had it worse, with her mother being forced to abandon her at the Jedi Temple to avoid having to bring her back to their Crapsack World, and Barriss being trained and raised by Luminara Unduli, who was caring, but emotionally distant.
- Has Two Mommies: Both Barriss and Ahsoka were raised by two mothers.
- Hate Sink: We clearly aren't supposed to like the droid that sent Barriss' family back to their home planet, which was a Crapsack World, forcing her mother to leave her at the Jedi Temple.
- Innocently Insensitive: Ahsoka unintentionally angers Barriss when she tries to justify the Jedi's involvement in the war.
- Jerkass: Mace Windu is about as pleasant as usual.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Ahsoka and Barriss, respectively.
- Nice Guy:
- Ahsoka can be snippy, but none the less a nice girl who is good at making friends.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: After a Time Skip, Ahsoka proved herself to be a great warrior and arbiter.
- Parental Substitute: Luminara to Barriss.