Buttercup Festival, by David Troupes, is a surreal gag-per-day webcomic featuring small scenes in the life of an unnamed, perpetually cheerful and perpetually black-cloaked protagonist as he wanders through a forest while occasionally chatting with some unseen, off-panel character. In its previous volumes, he meets time travelers, aliens, talking animals
- Dada Comics:
- Deliberately Monochrome
- Grim Reaper: The protagonist, possibly.
- According to Word of God, he was originally designed as a parody of goths. Though he does dress all in black and occasionally say depressing or existential things, the only time he actually says he's a goth is in the very first strip.
- Innocent Inaccurate: He doesn't know what 'RIP' means.
- Minimalist Cast: Well, only one consistent character. Counting all the one comic characters, there are...
- Mondegreen: Common for the protagonist.
- No Name Given: To any of the characters.
- Scenery Porn
- Slice of Life: Albeit a very strange life.