A webcomic by Betsy-Lee, Brother Swan is a science-fantasy story with elves, spirits, sprites, and humans with tails.
Vonaku, from the planet Estima, has been targeted for death by the insane elf Tabitha via a curse that will cut her head off if she sheds a tear. To cope, she (grudgingly) agrees to learn magic from the pirates of the Deus Ex Machina.
Also, it takes place in the same universe as No Evil, after chapter 3 it largely takes place on the same planet, Scourosi.
- Anti-Magical Faction: Sometime between the events of No Evil and Brother Swan magic almost left Scourosi entirely and a group of 13 cities developed a totalitarian government that denies magic ever existed. Then Tabitha showed up and jettisoned them from the planet, fortunately Charon and Fontleroy bound the cities to themselves and formed them into a ring around Scourosi, saving them.
- Continuity Nod: Byrdi wields the Blue Tezcatlipoca, for which the Scourosi spirits were looking for a wielder in No Evil's prequel comic.
- Do-Anything Robot: Fai's "Wonderball" is a floating sphere that can store objects, pick things up, even tie up captives.
- Familiar: Felenite magic has "spirit guides" that can become shields or objects at their owner's command, such as Tirkayka's purple fox Inari. While Estimans may have animals come to them to help them learn magic instead.
- Government Drug Enforcement: Scourosi's Outer Ring government puts drugs in the water to keep their people babbling zombies who refuse to believe the evidence of magic in front of their eyes. Such as the fact that a crazy elf ripped their cities off their planet.
- I Know Your True Name: A sprite's full name can be used to summon and compel them, unless they're an adult sprite, in which case it only calls them.
- Little Bit Beastly: Humans from Estima have long furry tails, while Felenites have Pointy Ears. Fai has both.