Boundless is an adventure story about a little feisty fox named Rudy who is off in search of his family. He runs into a girl by the name of Emily Hopkins, who gets wrapped up in his journey across the world.
Created by Mike Salsbury.
- An Arm and a Leg: Rudy's tail was removed since it's hard for him to maneuver with it.
- Big "WHAT?!": Emily shouted this when Rudy explains that she's taking him to see his parents.Emily: WHAT?! No, not happening! Are you on crack?!
- Brutal Honesty: Rudy is blunt with his words which often results in Emily chastising him for being insensitive.
- Deadpan Snarker: Both Rudy and Emily qualifies as this.
- Didn't Want an Adventure: Emily was reluctant to aid Rudy on his quest since they are strangers to one another though she changes her mind once he offered to pay her $15,000. Eventually, she slowly begins to enjoy the adventure.
- Establishing Character Moment: Emily debuts by singing off-key in her car, showing how eccentric she can be.
- Hidden Depths: Emily reveals that she used to work in a farm with her father which allows her to use the whip against the tiger. She also reveal that her father is a pilot and has some skills in flying a plane.
- Interspecies Friendship: Rudy (an anthropomorphic fox) and Emily (a human).
- Nice Guy: Rudy might be feisty as described by the author but he is still patient and cordial towards Emily.
- Emily also qualifies and while she is quite eccentric, she is well-meaning and friendly towards Rudy.
- Only in It for the Money: Emily joins Rudy's quest to find his parents for the $15,000 dollars that he promised her.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Rudy is an anthropomorphic fox who is nevertheless cute and huggable. Too bad he doesn't like to be hugged.
- Series Goal: Rudy wants to find his parents after living in the wilderness for too long and recruits a reluctant Emily to help him.
- Shout-Out: To Sweet Tooth. The very idea of the story is quite similar to the comic's story where the titular protagonist wants to search for their missing family member(s) by recruiting a reluctant stranger's help. In this case, the story involves Rudy trying to find his parents with the help of Emily while being the only anthropomorphic character while Sweet Tooth involves Gus, a hybrid, traveling with Jeppard to find his mother after his father passed away.
- Shown Their Work: The author has done a complete research while making the comic.
- Spiritual Adaptation: To Sweet Tooth except Rudy is the token hybrid.
- Suddenly Shouting: Rudy shouts "MY GUIDE?!" in an incredulous tone after Emily claims that she is helpful to him, unaware that she had just thrown him off a building.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: None of the other human characters seems to bat an eye on Rudy, who is a walking, talking fox as they assume he's in a fox costume, a huge cat, a soccer mascot, etc.