Bicycle Boy is a post-apocalyptic adventure comic by Jackarais. It updates once a week, every Friday. It is currently on its sixth chapter.
The comic follows Poet, a cyborg who woke up in the desert one day with no memory of how he got there.
It starts here.
This Webcomic provides examples of:
- After the End: The comic takes place an indeterminate amount of time after the apocalypse.
- Alt Text: Nearly every comic page has this.
- Anarchy Is Chaos: According to Machk at least, all anarchists in this world are bandits, thieves, and generally a bunch of jerks.Machk: A large portion of the community there are anarchists...[sic] and Stonehenge doesn't regulate her watch guard very well. If you look suspicious, they could get violent or try to take advantage of you.
- Identity Amnesia: Right from the start, Poet is unable to remember a single detail about himself.
- Apocalypse Anarchy: Groups of anarchist nomads are scattered throughout the desert, making travel difficult for other characters.Machk: These people are dangerous. Some folks just don't know where they're going, they walk straight into nomad territory, and BAM. They get the shit beaten out of them.
- The Apunkalypse: Though there's evidence of organized, rule-bound societies, it seems that most of the wasteland is governed by punks and ruffians.
- Artificial Limbs:
- Poet is a straight-up cyborg, so the majority of his body is artificial.
- Stonehenge has an uncomfortable artificial foot.
- Change the Uncomfortable Subject: Insisted by Poet when Machk attempts to make conversation about his cyborg body.
- Cowardly Lion: Poet has no idea what's going on most of the time and thus is scared of mostly everything.
- Cyborg: Poet, of course. His body is all mechanical, save for his head and part of his torso.
- Desert Punk: The story takes place in the middle of a vast, desert wasteland.
- I Ate WHAT?!: All the food in Ponnte is radioactive. The people there seem to be fine with it though.
- Improvised Weapon: When the protagonists are forced to fight Slutman's gang, his followers make do with things like a lead pipe, rotten wood, a baseball bat, various knives, etc.
- Lady Looks Likea Dude: Some of Stonehenge's hench(wo)men look like men at first glance. Justified in that makeup wouldn't be of great importance, and that the more masculine women who could fight would have a better chance of surviving the (post-)apocalypse.
- Mutilation Conga: Jackarais loves kicking the shit out of his characters and then drawing their bruised and bloody faces in explicit, glistening detail.
- No Bikes in the Apocalypse: Inverted. The protagonist rides a bicycle.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: The fight between Machk and Alsoomse.
- Quest for Identity: Poet is mainly concerned with figuring out who and what he is.
- Stern Chase: Poet attempts to flee from Stonehenge's nomads multiple times, but they ultimately catch up to him & Machk when they stop to rest.
- Super Senses: Poet has a heightened sense of hearing thanks to his cybernetic ears.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Alsoomse explaining to Machk why she thinks Last Standing City is awful while simultaneously beating the shit out of him.
- Unspecified Apocalypse: So far, it is unknown to the viewer what exactly caused the end.
- The Woobie: Poet spends most of his encounters getting the ever-loving snot kicked out of him. You can't help feel sorry for the guy.
- Would Hit a Girl: Doesn't matter what gender you are, kicking Machk's door in in the middle of the night is a great way to get hit with a shovel.