Autobot Academy is a Webcomic created by TFW 2005 User Stonecrusher, known for creating the "massively popular" Transformers Nexus
On the distant planet of Cybertron, there was no Great War that ravaged the planet. Once considered Outliers by the Functionist Philosophers of Cybertron, Cybertronians with powers beyond the scope of their alt mode soon grew more and more common as time went on. Soon, these powers were given the name of Talents, and many who develop such abilities decide to use their abilities to help society in times of discord and disaster, becoming the heroes to new generations. And the most well-known organization of Heroes is the guild known as the Autobots.
On the moon of Acadeimos, The Autobot Academy trains students with particularly useful Talents to become the heroes of a new generation, fighting against various evil organizations in the name of justice. One such trainee, Hot Shot, has a talent allowing him to control fire to great effect, but he wouldn't be here if it weren't for an interesting series of events that lead the Matrix-carrying Star Convoy to find him worth the effort to hone his skills.
But a sinister force lurks in the shadows of Cybertron and beyond, various gangs previously unassociated have started wearing the same strange badge, associated with the Decepticon Crime Family. Can the Autobots continue saving the day as time goes on, or will they have to wage their battle to destroy the Evil forces of the Decepticons?
Provides Examples of:
- Academy of Adventure: Autobot Academy. The name says it all.
- Action Girl: Although female Cybertronians are a comparatively rare sight in more official universes, the Auto Aca!Verse is a lot closer in the sex ratio, and quite a few Autobots and Decepticons are female as well.
- The Cameo: Transformers: Nexus Sideswipe, Arcee, and Strongarm make cameos in the Amphitheater crowd that is watching the trials.
- Alongside that, Connect Sari shows up as one of the multiple SAR-1 drones.
- All the RP characters show up in the comic, sometimes brief, or sometimes a little longer.
- The Dreaded: Gorilla-Bot to an extent. It's not their fault though...
- Expy: There are some, like how Star Convoy homages All Might, but a lot more of the characters seem more independent of inspiration.
- Fainting: Hot Shot does this to Star Convoy, possibly due to the sheer shock of meeting his idol. If Firestar's reaction to the news of him attending Autobot Academy is any indication, It Runs in the Family.
- Let's Split Up, Gang: Hot Shot and Steeljaw do this, only to end up at the same ending location.
- Shout-Out: The newest story Arc, and character, Sari, are all a HUGE reference to Ben 10 .