Ask a Cat is a webcomic created by Charles Brubaker (who also does The Fuzzy Princess), about a talking cat that answers letters sent in by readers.
Aside from Cat, the only other character is Mouse, who would make a side comment to Cat's answers.
The strip ran on GoComics, ending its run on 2019 before going into reruns. In 2020 the comic was adapted into two web animated shorts: the first simply called Ask a Cat, and the other Cat and Kat (a crossover with the creator's other comic).
- Animated Adaptation: Two shorts were made after the strip ended.
- Cats Are Mean: Cat can be like that, sometimes.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: For a while, there was a female rabbit character named Tokki. She disappeared after a short time, leaving Cat and Mouse the only characters to appear.
- Crossover: Princess Kat from The Fuzzy Princess has appeared a few times.
- A Dog Named "Dog": Cat and Mouse, though one strip reveals that Cat has several names.
- Negative Continuity: Cat seemingly has a different owner in each strip.
- One-Steve Limit: One strip featured Princess Kat from the creator's other comic appearing together with Cat.
- White Void Room: Most strips feature Cat and Mouse standing in a white void. Backgrounds only appear when necessary.