Amazoness! is the story of Ess, an unlucky young Amazon who's next in line to become the queen; with her are her friends Androdameia, a good friend and gifted student though somewhat socially awkward, and Pantariste, Ess's Jerkass cousin. They mostly have comical misadventures, with the occasional dramatic storyline.
As of August 2013, the comic is an Orphaned Series — the last update was on December 31st, 2010.
This comic provides examples of:
- Amazon Brigade: the Amazons, of course.
- Amazon Chaser: General Nikandros is delighted to be defeated and captured by the Amazons.
- Ascended Fangirl: Tryphosa
- BFS: The Sword of Artemis, the weapon of choice for the Amazonian Queen.
- Cast Full of Gay: All of the native born amazons are lesbian. In fact, Androdameia is seen as pervert and a deviant when she forms a relationship with a feminine looking Wholesome Crossdresser.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Belanidi was assigned to be Pantariste's slave for this purpose.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Eutropia
- Excited Show Title!
- Expecting Someone Taller: Happens with Sappho
- Happiness in Slavery: Most of the slaves enjoy their lives.
- In the Name of the Moon: Ekphobippe gives a parody of this.
- Jerkass: Pantariste and Deinomache
- Love Chart: with an extra helping of side character◊
- Meaningful Name: Names are often meaningful in Greek: Androdameia "man-tamer", Ekphobippe "scares-horses".
- Naïve Newcomer: Tryphosa is used to clarify which Amazon myths the comic is using and which ones it isn't.
- No Pronunciation Guide: Averted with the cast page
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: Hippolyte and Sappho the first time
- Wild Child: Gatamache.