Walulis is a semi-continuation of Walulis Sieht Fern, now on YouTube, produced by funk, a service provided by both ARD and ZDF and their affiliates in an effort to support content where the öffentlich-rechtlichen Sender note did not have any before.
It is closer in style and humor to american comedy shows, such as The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, than Walulis Sieht Fern was (which was inspired by Charlie Brookers Screenwipe), but still focuses on media and analysis. The biggest difference might be the inclusion of media apart from television, such as Video Games or YouTube. This is deliberate, as the concept of the show was divised in cooperation with the viewers, who recommended these shows as examples of what they would like to see.
It is currently ongoing and new episodes are released every Monday and Thursday on both YouTube and the official funk website.
Die Folgenden Tropes werden euch von der Glocke präsentiert:
- Black Comedy Burst: Whenever Phillipp raises his finger, one can assume that this is about to happen, frequently in combination with Godwin's Law.
- The Cape: Die Glocke note
- Characterization Marches On: The Assi went from Antagonist to Anti-Villain and now even frequently interacts with Phillipp.
- Color Contrast: Yellow and Black
- Cute Kitten: The Safari Kitten
- Darker and Edgier: Not by a lot, mostly using more Black Comedy than Walulis Sieht Fern
- Death Is Cheap: Characters are killed in The Stinger and return without any lasting consequences
- Deconstructor Fleet
- Deliberately Monochrome: Whenever something is filmed that doesn't involve Phillipp behind the desk
- Demoted to Extra: Tobi, when compared to the amount of roles he played on Walulis Sieht Fern. This was lampshaded during a community segment.YouTube comment: I've forgotten what Tobi looks like!Phillipp: Then get that pause button ready, because this is what he looks like! (holds up a framed picture of Tobi for less than a second)
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Used to explain how certain YouTubers can create content that falls within the YouTube age restrictions
- Early Installment Weirdness: Earlier episodes are less refined than the later ones - also no Safari Kitten
- Edutainment Show: A comedy show that analyses techniques employed in different media genres
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Die Glocke
- Everything's Deader with Zombies: Thoroughly deconstructed
- Expy: The Bum That Does Their Finances started off with noticeable similarities to Chester A. Bum but now seems to have turned out as a immortal Eldritch Abomination
- Extra-Long Episode: When the topic allows for enough material, episodes can be up to 15 minutes long
- Failed a Spot Check: Der Assi, quite often"Und wat ist daran jetzt so schlimm?"note
- False Reassurance: The public will regain its trust into the journalists... in about 90 years.
- Godwin's Law: Cited whenever the chance for a Nazi joke wasn't taken.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Calling the inhabitans of the german version of Love Island Einfaltsp-insel (meaning nitwit; with emphasis on Insel, which is the german word for island). Lampshaded immediately.
- Suggesting that the fanfares (Tusche in german) that traditionally play after jokes during carnival should be played by the band Touché.
- It Makes Sense in Context: Why there is a Safari Kitten.
- Living Forever Is Awesome: Implied. The bum is genuinely surprised when Phillipp reminds him that he won't be alive when the former's prediction (see False Reassurance) is supposed to come true.
- Nice Hat: The Safari Kitten wears those
- Noodle Incident: Whatever happened involving The Assi's neighbour and the drone
- Octopoid Aliens: Seen in the thumbnail of the video analysing alien-conspiracies
- Once an Episode: A Joke with a raised finger is made
- Our Zombies Are Different: Humans for Zombie-Preservation!
- Perfectly Cromulent Word: The show's title, while really Phillip's last name, was chosen because of it's unusual sound and memorability
- Playing with Fire: The bum seems to possess these
- Remember the New Guy?: How new characters are introduced
- Spectacular Spinning: Downplayed, but the Walulis logo does spin during the intro.
- Tag Line: Die Medikamentenausgabe im Irrenhaus Internetnote