Taking place after Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising, the Autobots and their allies are working hard in rebuilding their home planet, Cybertron, fully restored from its ancient long dormancy.
While the Autobots await for more of their Cybertron brethren to return, they have to fight off remaining pockets of Decepticon resistance like the mercenary group, the Combaticons.
However, things become more complicated than expected. Ancient enemies have finally awoken from stasis and are now coming for both Autobots and Decepticons in order to finish what their master, Unicron, has started.
Transformers Prime: Galvatron's Revenge is a fan-made project based on the Transformers: Prime television series. The film is helmed by Carlos Barrantes of Prime Animations. A sequel is in progress titled "Dinobots Unleashed".
The movie contains the following tropes:
- Alternate Continuity: The movie serves an alternate take on what happened after Predacons Rising. Word of God explains that all other media of Aligned Continuity would not be used.
- The Chase: Rodimus and Springer were in the ship escaping the Combaticons who want them dead.
- Combining Mecha: The Combaticons.
- Continuity Nod:
- David vs. Goliath: This for Ultra Magnus and Galvatron.
- Evil Counterpart:
- The Destructicons were created by Unicron to counter against the Thirteen Primes of Primus. Galvatron could be Prima's.
- The Combaticons are this to the Wreckers.
- Evil Laugh: Vortex.
- Good Costume Switch: The Vehicons now sport the Autobot insignia, blue color schemes and wield blue laser blasters.
- Hero Killer: Presumably, the Combaticons were responsible in killing off many Wreckers which led to the remaining members to disband.
- Locked Out of the Loop: The new Autobots and Decepticons don't know that the War for Cybertron is over.
- Mythology Gag:
- The new ensemble cast which includes Arcee, Ultra Magnus, Springer, Rodimus, Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge clearly references most of the cast in The Transformers: The Movie.
- The Destructicons' attack on the Autobots is based on the opening scenes of the trailer to Transformers: War for Cybertron.
- Brawl and Swindle mentions about the Wrecker, Depthcharge nearly killing them at the Battle of Omicron.
- Noble Demon: Cyclonus. When Slipstream is about to execute the Autobots, Cyclonus intervenes, saying that there is no honor in this course of action.
- Oh, Crap!: The Autobots receive a signal from space. They thought it was Cybertronian refugees but it turns out...it's Dark Energon.
- Reasoning with God: Ratchet is going to talk to Primus for an unknown reason at the moment.
- Took a Level in Badass: Most likely thanks to Team Prime training them, the Vehicons are more capable fighters compared to what they were in the series.
- Unexplained Recovery: Ultra Magnus returns with both of his hands. Word of God states that Knock Out found a spare hand to give to Magnus after his hand got destroyed by Predaking.