Taking place after Transformers: Predacons Rising, the Autobots and their allies are working hard in rebuilding their home planet, Cybertron, fully restored from its ancient long dormancy. While the Autobots await for more of their Cybertron brethren to return, they have to fight off remaining pockets of Decepticon resistance and a new enemy, the Destructicons.
The film is helm by Carlos Barrantes of Prime Animations.
The movie contains the following tropes:
- Combining Mecha: The Combaticons.
- Evil Counterpart: The Destructicons were created by Unicron to counter against the Thirteen Primes of Primus. Galvatron could be Prima's.
- Good Costume Switch: The Vehicons now sport the Autobot insignia and wield blue laser blasters.
- Hero Killer: Presumably, the Combaticons were responsible in killing off many Wreckers which led to the remaining members to disband.
- Mythology Gag: The Destruction's attack on the Autobots is based on the opening scenes of the trailer to Transformers: War for Cybertron.
- Took a Level in Badass: Presumably thanks to Team Prime training them, the Vehicons are more capable fighters compared to what they were in the series.