A video review series by Detroitmechworks, a single father, retired from the army, working through college, and has kids that make him watch their movies... which he then tears to shreds in his videos. Soon, people on the web asked him to review other movies, and he gets revenge by sending stuff back to them.
He took a hiatus from reviewing, until a Bratz animated film got him mad enough to review that as well. But stopped making reviews after doing a list of reasons why he didn't like the The Lord of the Rings films, and his Blip account was taken down in 2013.
Provides Examples Of
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Loves to review movies this way In-Universe.
- In the Barbie films, Ken is gay along with any other flamboyant males, and any women talking about friendship are lesbians.
- He looks at the Dungeons & Dragons as not just a bad movie, but a bad Dungeons & Dragons campaign, and even makes Snails seem like the best character, because he recognized the campaign as crap, and got out as soon as he could.
- Artistic License Economics: Really called out Princess and the Pauper for having the kingdom rely on just one major source of revenue, and then doing it all over again.
- Author Filibuster: Posts long rants at the end of his videos, and has lampshaded that those are the parts where some can just turn the videos off.
- The Cameo: Has appeared in other videos, and gotten other people to appear in his videos, including The Makeover Fairy of The Nostalgia Chick.
- Caustic Critic: He's not nice in his reviews of bad movies.
- Comical Overreacting: Gets really enraged at any really stupid or pointless plot points, and freaks out when he realizes he's about to watch something horrible.
- Distaff Counterpart: Discussed when he mentioned that The Nostalgia Critic hired the Nostalgia Chick so he wouldn't have to to review all the girlie stuff. Then when he mentioned getting his own counterpart, he realized she would instead get to review all the action flicks, and then realized that was already Obscurus Lupa.
- Drinking Game: Decided to make one out of the Barbie film cliches in the Barbie in the Princess and the Pauper review."I'm gonna' be so wasted by the end of this."
- Fetish: Joked that anyone with an unmasking fetish would go nuts over the scene at the end of Barbie and the Three Musketeers.
- Gender Bender: Actually became the FanFiction Critic on and off during his review of Dr. Jekyll & Ms. Hyde.
- Lampshaded the Obscure Reference: Made a reference, and thanked the 1% of his viewers who would get it.
- And after comparing a character to Pantalone, "Yes, that was an obscure theater geek reference!".
- Les Yay: In-Universe, he loves finding this in the Barbie movies, as it's one of the few points of real enjoyment he can get.
- Mary Sue: Gives quite a few In-Universe accusations, particularly to the Barbie films, and the empress of Dungeons & Dragons comes across as a GM's Mary Sue NPC.
- Missing Episode: His whole series unfortunately.
- Oh, Crap!: When he realizes he's going to watch something really bad.
- Reference Overdosed: Makes plenty of them in reviews, and the climax part in the review of Barbie and the Three Musketeers is basically a cluster reference bomb.
- The Rival: The FanFiction Critic. She sends him bad films, and he send her bad fics.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: An In-Universe reference, where he claims part of the "past" segments in Barbie in a Christmas Carol will actually hurt people with diabetes.
- The Theme Park Version: States that Paris in Barbie and the Three Musketeers is just "Barbieland" that is called Paris.
- Villain Song: Found such a song in Barbie as the Island Princess the best part of that movie.
- But the song in Princess and the Pauper was lousy, which he attributed to Martin Short.