The Tourettes Guy is a series of YouTube videos following the eponymous Danny, a foul-tempered and foul-mouthed man with "Tourette's syndrome" - though his behavior is likely more influenced by all the booze he drinks. His friends and family often show up, but aside from his equally foul-mouthed father, they are only heard from offscreen and never seen.
The first video of Danny surfaced in December 2000, when a 25 minute videotape was given to a small number of people in the Columbus, Ohio area (where the series is based). The series then made the jump to the internet in 2002 on the website Elbow World, run by the series' creator and camera operator Jared Six. These videos came under the title Tony the Tiger With Tourettes Syndrome and fictitiously described Danny (at the time unnamed) as "the guy that used to do the voice" of the eponymous Frosted Flakes mascot before retiring to live off residuals. For years the videos circulated amongst a dedicated fanbase until September 2004, when the fan site TourettesGuy.com was formed and eventually became the main source for Tourette's Guy episodes. From November 2004 to October 2006, episodes with new content were added every few months. After a brief hiatus, three new episodes were added between January and May 2007. Throughout those years, fans began uploading the episodes on the then-fledging YouTube website, causing the popularity of the series to explode to new heights and becoming one of the site's first videos that went viral.
On August 4, 2007, TourettesGuy.com reported that Danny had died from injuries sustained from a car accident. After an outpouring a grief, as well as a DVD remaster of the 2004-2007 webisodes, rumors and speculation regarding Danny's true fate began circulating, with many claiming that he was still alive and that his "death" was a publicity stunt. Then, between Christmas 2009 and Christmas 2010, 3 new videos were posted, and his website claimed that he had just been in jail the whole time. New videos were posted on Christmas 2012, Halloween and Christmas 2014, April Fools 2016, Christmas 2017 and Christmas 2020. Patience is a virtue when it comes to waiting on new developments of the ever-impatient Danny.
- Abusive Parents: Danny can be quite verbally abusive to his son, though Danny's dad treats him similarly.
- Actor Allusion: Danny says to his dad "Fuck you and every mall Santa that looks like you!", causing his dad to briefly look himself over and then put his own son in a headlock for that statement. Sal Lizard, who plays Danny's dad, has been a professional Santa Claus for over 20+ years.
- The Alcoholic: Danny, who is almost always seen with a beer bottle. The official website claimed that his behavior is likely influenced more by his drinking than his Tourette's.
- All There in the Manual: The main website has a little more info about Danny and his life, such as pointing out that his behavior is more likely due to his alcoholism than his disorder and explaining his absence as a result of him being in prison for a brief time (this is alluded to in one of the videos but not discussed in depth).
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Danny, as shown during the outing to a grocery store and McDonald's as well as the road rage segment.
- Amicable Exes: Shirlena seems to get along well enough with Danny to go over and visit with him, despite them being divorced. When he's not acting out, he seems to reciprocate.
- Amusing Injuries: Danny's dad accidentally sitting on window drapes and the support bar falling on his head.Danny's dad: AHHH, FUCK! GOD... DAMN!!
Danny: You okay, dad?
Danny's dad: Hell no, I'm not okay! I'm and old man and I fell on my ass!
- Angrish: Danny has a penchant for this. "SHIT! Murwargfuh FUCK!"
- April Fools:
- The second Return of the Tourettes Guy episode opens with one, featuring "the winner of the Tourettes Guy look-a-like contest".
- After over a year without another new video, a new one was posted on April Fools 2016.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking:Interviewer: Why did you move here from North Dakota?
Danny: My wife was fuckin' everybody in Bismarck.
Interviewer: Is that why you two got a divorce back in 1999?
Danny: That, and her spaghetti sucked dick.
- Ass Shove:
- Danny claims he wants to shove a broom up the ass of the person who named Fashion Bug.
- He also claims after a bowling game that he wants to shove a can of Pringles up a preacher's ass and be happy to tell him about it.
- Also, apparently something happens when Alex Trebek has a picture of a giraffe in his ass during an earthquake.
- Atomic F-Bomb:
- After the The Police version of "Every Breath You Take" played while he was on hold with Colgate (he hoped it was the Puff Daddy cover), which provided the page image of this page for some time.
- Yelling "PIIIIISSSS!" offscreen, which synced up perfectly with Mufasa roaring in pain after Scar digs his claws into his paws on TV. The same goes for "SHIIIIIIIIIIT!" being synced up perfectly with him being thrown off the cliff.
- Speaking of the former, he once yelled that so loud that a calendar page came loose, changing the calendar to the previous month.
- At his son's job interview, after telling him thrice he didn't want some Twizzlers his son was eating, he screams "BUTT FUCK!!" The person napping nearby was not amused.
- After crashing headfirst into the chandelier.
- As the cameraman drives away from the Tourette's Guy's dad as quickly as possible, he screams "You cocksuckerrrrrrrrr!!!!", complete with Doppler effect.
- After someone accidentally hits him with the door.
- When someone tries to interrupt his teeth-brushing session.
- The 2020 video has Danny being woken up because he has to be at court in 2 hours. He screams "ASS" so loudly (and slams his fists down on his bed) that it causes the camera to momentarily glitch out as if Slender Man had just shown up.
- Author Appeal: Including Danny's shirt, there are a lot of references to breakfast cereal. And almost all the videos involve phones and professional wrestling.
- Badass Beard: Danny's dad, who bears a striking resemblance to Santa Claus. Danny lands into a bit of trouble when he points this out. (See Berserk Button below.)
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Between him and his ex-wife, Shirlena. "BITCH! I love you."
- Berserk Button: Danny has tons:
- Talking shit about Total around Danny.
- Talking about Danny's dick without his permission.
- Wrinkling Danny's Randy Travis poster.
- Pissing on Danny's toilet seat.
- Hiding Danny's car keys. (Then again, that's probably for his own good if he gets drunk all the time)
- Squirrels humping Danny's tomato garden.
- Having bad-looking sideburns in front of Danny.
- When Danny's Dairy Queen ice cream melts.
- Trying to convince Danny to have something he doesn't want to eat.
- Interfering with Danny's favorite TV shows or not knowing about them yourself.
- Playing loud music in the vicinity of Danny.
- Also, Danny's dad does not like to be called a Mall Santa.
- Big Eater: Danny complains that the cameraman once ate 6 pancakes, 6 sausages, and drank 3 glasses of orange juice at his house... and then tried to sexually assault him.
- Big "NO!": When a grocer tries to take away Danny's marshmallows.
- When Danny's son wants to have Danny try some Twizzler's, he does it thrice.
- Big Word Shout:
- Yelling "PISS!!" into the phone while he's dealing with tech support.
- Danny does this after his son keeps asking him what time it is. See No Indoor Voice below for the quote.
- Big "SHUT UP!": Danny does this to his son (who is in another room) after he tells a story to the cameraman about him recently being kicked out of a Lens Crafters.Son: Dad—Danny: You can go to Jolly Pirate Donuts and take a 2-hour shit for all I care!
- Bowdlerize: The original release of "Drive-Thru Troubles" had the Wendy's staffer's voice dubbed over by Tony Six (Danny's "Son") due to sound quality issues. In the DVD remaster, the original voice was restored.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: In his April 2016 video, "Make Confidence Your Bitch!"Danny: (over a doctor bill dispute) This is absolute bullshit! And I will be contacting my insurance company, my lawyer, my dog shit!
- Bring My Brown Pants: Implied in the Halloween 2014 video, where Danny says "You scared shit out of me!" in response to his son's prank. Keep in mind that he didn't say "scared the shit out of me" as the phrase usually goes, and he was heading into the bathroom when the scare happened, so it's quite possible he meant it literally.
- Butt-Monkey/Chew Toy: Danny. (See Slapstick below for examples.)
- Calling the Old Man Out: Danny's son does this to Danny in "Tourettes Guy Gets the Hiccups".Danny's son: (barging into Danny's room with breakfast on a tray) Dad!
Danny: ...Huh? ...What!?
Danny's son: Dad, I made you some "shit".
Danny: Get the fuck out of here!!
Danny's son: But dad, it's Father's Day!
Danny: Fuck off!
Danny's son: Dad, I spent 30 minutes making breakfast!
Danny: You're an asshole!
Danny's son: Well, you know what, Dad? You're nothing but a no good... inbred... drunk piece of crap!
Danny: Who isn't?
- Camera Abuse: Danny did this numerous times:
- Once was when he attacked the camera and sent it to the bottom of the stairs (and then threw his shoe at it).
- Throwing the book he was reading when loud music started playing for an album commercial.
- Another was when he attacked the camera with a broom trying to hit a bird.
- After spilling a year's supply of paper towels on the stairs, first the box hits the camera, then Danny himself stumbles into the camera trying to navigate his way down the stairs around all the paper towel rolls.
- After complaining about how much food the cameraman has eaten at his house (along with allegedly committing sexual assault on him), Danny attacks him directly, causing the camera to glitch.
- The 2020 video has quite a lot of it: Danny accidentally kicking a beer can right at the camera while trying to wade through his Trash of the Titans (which gets replayed three times for good measure), Danny shouting "AHHH SHIT!" which causes flecks of spit to hit the camera lens (the subtitles then change "shit" to "spit"), Danny shouting "ASS!" and causing the camera to glitch, and Danny throwing a huge box fan right at the camera while trying to hit the unidentified animal moving around under the trash.
- Captain Obvious: "Pissing out the window and shitting out the window are two different things!"
- Censored for Comedy: When Danny burns himself on hot water from the sink, he yells out "It's hotter than [BEEEEP]!", the joke here clearly being that whatever he said was so bad, even this show had to bleep it out.
- CloudcuckooLander: Danny is an incredibly foul-mouthed one.
- Cluster F-Bomb:
- One example: Danny carrying a hot casserole dish without oven mitts. When he gets back up after putting it down on the table, he hits his head on a chandelier. Leave room and cue Atomic F-Bomb!
- Another example: Danny "arguing" with Shirlena; they're pretty much just yelling "Fuck you!" at each other repeatedly. Then Danny's father proceeds to join in.
- Another example is when Danny's beer can spills on him, and when someone offscreen asks if he wanted a towel, he yells "FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU IN THE ASS!"
- Danny does this when playing (and failing at) Mortal Kombat.
- Comedic Sociopathy: Oh so much. Danny goes through a lot in these videos.
- Comically Missing the Point: In one video, Danny is watching an exercise program. He isn't exactly exercising. He's moving the top half of his body while sitting down and eating chips.
- Heaven knows what started this argument, but it ends up hilariously.Danny's Son: Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.
Danny: Well you tell him that I said I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!
- There's also the time Danny didn't know what Amazon was and asked his son how he payed for all the gifts he purchased on said website. His son had to tell Danny that Amazon is a website and not a co-worker of his. He still doesn't get it.
- Heaven knows what started this argument, but it ends up hilariously.
- Comical Overreacting: Danny's son started to jump with joy when he agreed to buy some microwaved popcorn. He had to tell him to calm down and to not get a big dick.
- Continuity Nod: In "Buried Alive", we see several pairs of glasses among the garbage in one shot. In another shot there is quite a large hole around the armpit in Danny's iconic Tony the Tiger shirt. Danny's dad was right, he really does change his glasses more than he changes his shirt!
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: "I'm gonna scotch tape your ass shut!"
- Corpsing: The cameraman does this occasionally in response to Danny's outbursts.
- On one instance, he actually fell to the floor laughing.
- Another instance occurred when Shirlena was discussing her grandpa's worsening Alzheimer's. Usually such a disease is Serious Business, but the events Shirlena described were so ridiculous that Danny was struggling to fight back laughter the entire time. At least, until Shirlena caught him, then he just let it all out.Danny: AHAHAHAHAHA YOUR GRANDPA'S AN ASS!!
- On another occasion, the cameraman's laughter caused him to drop Danny's dad while trying to help him up. Cue Chase Scene that ends with the cameraman driving away from Danny's dad as fast as he can.
- Country Matters: So far, the C word has only been used once, and that was during his cursing at the Head & Shoulders bottle in the shower.
- Curse Cut Short:
Danny: By the way you cocksuc-(cut)-bastards!
- One of Danny's many curses is interrupted by a jump cut...to another curse.
- Another instance is when Danny's beer can spills all over him, he yells, "AW SHIT! AW F—", before another jump cut.
- When Danny is cursing at the bottle of Head & Shoulders shampoo in the shower, he cuts his own curse short and replaces it with another one.Danny: Oh sh- piss!
- Cut His Heart Out with a Spoon: "Then I'll tie Pat Sajak to a telephone pole, and let a UPS guy buttfuck him!"
- A Date with Rosie Palms: When Danny finishes a story of him being kicked out of a Lens Crafters, he scratches an itch that just so happened to be on his you-know-what. Of course, viewers thought he was masturbating.
- Death Glare:
- Department of Redundancy Department: "Suck my dick...or cock!"
- Dissimile: Danny loves using these.
- "Damn it, these fish sticks are hard as tits!"Danny's Son: [laughing] As tits? Whose tits have you been grabbing that feel hard? That's what I wanna know. Ha ha ha.
Danny: FUCK YOU!
- "Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls! They're small, and they don't give a SHIT!"
- "Damn it, these fish sticks are hard as tits!"
- Dude, Not Funny!:
- Danny cracks up when Shirlena tells him about her grandfather's worsening Alzheimer's condition. She stops to ask in an annoyed tone if he's laughing.
- Danny's father charges the cameraman after he laughs at him falling at Thanksgiving and trying to get up.
- Erotic Eating: Strangely invoked - after commenting on a woman described as a lesbian that "that just means she likes what I like", Danny bites into a corn dog, where the video freeze-frames.
- Even the Subtitler Is Stumped: In "Bird in the House", Danny goes running into the other room after his son tells him there's a bird in the house, yelling some of his usual curses before shouting something unintelligible ("???").
- Freudian Excuse: Considering what his father is like, Danny probably has a pretty good one.
- Freudian Slip:
Danny: I don't really fuck!
- "I talk to my son ON A DICK! (Beat) ...DAILY BASIS!"
- After the son points out their neighbors might call the cops for Danny cursing:
Son: Well, the neighbors do.
- Funny Background Event: Danny shouted "PISS!" so loud that the top page of a wall calendar came loose and fell back down, changing the calendar to the previous month.
- Fun with Homophones:
Danny's Dad: FUCK the Philippines! They can fill up my ass! (swigs beer)
- Courtesy of Danny's dad:
- Danny gets in on this too:
- Fun with Subtitles: In the "Best of" re-release of "Colonel Cluster Fuck", after Danny proclaims Rick Moranis would get blown up in his next movie, Danny slams his arm down, knocking the "Rick Moranis shit everywhere" subtitles off the screen for a moment. Seen here.
- Gag Dub: During one episode, Danny's son is watching The Lion King (1994) while Danny himself is cussing people out on the phone in the next room. They sync up surprisingly well.
- Go to Your Room!: Said verbatim after Danny grounds his son for not thinking that the garbage disposal sounds like Chewbacca taking a shit.
- Green Aesop: "I'm getting sick and goddamn tired of all these looters and polluters!"
- Groin Attack: Danny's son accidentally throws a paper towel at his crotch. Luckily, it wasn't hard...the paper towel, not his dick.
- Threats of a groin attack also come up on occasion.Shirlena: (to Danny) I'll kick you in the balls!
Danny: (about George W. Bush) I'd like to punch him right in the stupid COCK! (punching the air) Shit! Bitch!
Danny's dad: If some asshole calls me "mellow yellow", I'm gonna kick 'em right in the cock.
- Threats of a groin attack also come up on occasion.
- Guttural Growler: Danny's voice tends to fluctuate between a normal tone and a gravelly baritone.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Danny, of course. He also apparently takes after his father.
- Halloween Episode: Posted on Halloween 2014 and under a minute long. It features Danny's son dressing up as Freddy Krueger and scaring the living daylights out of Danny.
- He Who Must Not Be Seen: Every recurring character except for Danny and his dad.
- Danny's son was fully on-camera in one video... wearing a Freddy Krueger costume which featured a rubber mask that obscured his face.
- Hiccup Hijinks: The Christmas 2017 video begins with Danny having hiccups.
- Hollywood Tourette's: It's sort of a given.
- Hype Aversion: In-Universe. Danny gets progressively more pissed off when his son tries to convince him to try some Twizzlers.
- Hypocritical Humor:
- Danny admonishes his son for saying "shit", after saying it six times since he entered the room.
- "I don't hate gays, but if some faggot ever tries to touch me..."
- He was probably implying that he'll ignore it, but if a gay does try to molest/marry/etc...
- Danny wears glasses, but that doesn't stop him from calling Rick Moranis "four eyes".
- Several episodes after Danny's Limited Wardrobe was lampshaded by his dad, guess what said dad is wearing in the next episode he appears in.
- Calls an angry janitor, who has a beer belly but some buff arms, a fatass, while Danny...is fat.
- Danny's dad - who is bald - calls Danny "baldy" during a fight.
- He also calls Rick Moranis' friends "pussywhipped", despite the fact that in one clip, he is seen cleaning up cereal that Shirlena threw at him.
- I Have to Go Iron My Dog: Perhaps the only past tense version ever used (unless he was serious).Danny: I didn't talk to nobody yesterday, I was in the car taking a SHIT!
- Insult Backfire: After the son insults Danny for rejecting the breakfast he spent so much time to make.Danny's Son: Well, you know what, Dad, you're nothing but a no good, inbred, drunk piece of crap.
Danny: Who isn't?!
- Irony: Danny decides not to get out of his chair to go see to his son who had just fallen down the stairs, and instead just yells at him to not fall down the stairs anymore. The camera then points to his mug that says "WORLD'S GREATEST DAD".
- Jerkass: Danny, so much, as he often curses at others and even laughed when Shirlena was telling a sad story about her grandfather's Alzheimer's. But it's part of the humor.
- Also, his dad, who isn't much different.
- Large Ham: Danny and his dad get really loud and emotional.
- Like Father, Like Son: His dad swears just as much as he does.
- Limited Wardrobe: In almost every single episode, Danny wears a neck brace and a Tony the Tiger T-shirt. His dad called him out on it in one episode.Danny's Dad: You change your damn glasses more than you change your damn shirt! Why don't you try wearing a different shirt for once in your life?
Danny: Why don't you just fuck off?!
- Lurid Tales of Doom: Danny's son reads from a tabloid magazine while in the checkout line at the store.Danny's Son: It says here that Dr. Phil was in a porno movie.
Danny's Dad: I believe it. Because Dr. Phil is a big dick.
- Mad Scientist: According to one video's description, Danny's psychiatrist put a giant blue M&M in his bedroom to see how a person with Tourette's would react when waking up next to a giant blue M&M.
- "He's not playing with a full dick!"
- "Why don't you make like a banana, and SHIT!"
- "I'd like to see you try to walk a mile in MY shit!"
- Mall Santa: Danny's dad looks like one, though he doesn't like to be compared to Santa.
- Mistaken for Gay: Danny postulates that wherever Brent Spiner is nowadays, "He's probably getting fucked in the ass!" Of course, Danny never specifies whether or not Spiner is getting fucked in the ass willingly.
- This undoubtedly happens to Danny when the pen he is using runs out of ink while he's on the phone and he screams "FUCK ME!" in frustration. The man on the other end of the phone expresses confusion, to which Danny clarifies that he said "fuck me" without giving any further explanation.
- Mockumentary: The videos were believed by many to be genuine for a long time, but several of the actors have come forth since the series' revival and confirmed that it is indeed staged.
- Mood Whiplash: When Shirlena mishears Danny on what she wants for breakfast:Shirlena: Danny, what do you want for breakfast?
Danny: Bacon and eggs, dear.
Danny: OH, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I SAID BACON AND EGGS!!!
- Mooning: Danny does this to someone after being asked if he knows if Jiffy Lube is open on Sundays.Danny: Does this look like the ass of someone who would know if the Jiffy Lube is open on Sundays?Man: Oh, HELL no!
- Narm: In-Universe, Danny really tries to pay attention to Shirlena when she's telling him about her grandfather's increasingly severe Alzheimer's, but the details of the story are so outrageous that Danny can't help but corpse.
- Nerd Glasses: Danny is almost always bespectacled in this videos, and he has sported a pair of horn rims since his return.
- No Indoor Voice: Boy howdy...Danny's Son: Dad, there's some white stuff on the floor....Danny: THAT'S MY ASS!!!
Danny: Time for you to get a damn WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAcontinued for a good 10 secondsAAAAAAATCH!!
- Taken Up to Eleven in the 2017 video, with Danny's response to repeatedly being asked what time it was.
- Noodle Incident: There are a ton of them.
- "It's what happens when Alex Trebek has a picture of a giraffe in his ass during an earthquake."
- "This is the second time I've been fucked by Dairy Queen!"
- Whatever happened with the Colgate toothpaste that caused Danny to call their consumer affairs.
- How Danny ended up in jail for about a year. However he ended up there, judging by the way Danny talks about it, it was not a pleasant experience.
- Oh, Crap!: After the cameraman accidentally drops Danny's dad after trying to get him off the floor, he threatens: "Goddamn it, you're gonna be sorry when I get up!" A few seconds later...Danny's dad: (running towards the cameraman) I'm gonna whip your ass, you little son of a bitch! Come back here, you cocksucker!
- Ohio: There are several hints in videos that give away the show taking place in the Columbus area. These include the mention of Jolly Pirate Donuts and the TV lottery (circa 2003). Likely confirmed when "Buried Alive" shows a disabled parking tag with "Ohio" on it amid the junk in Danny's room.
- Only Sane Woman: From what we've seen, Shirlena fits this role, only losing her temper when confronted by Danny's lunacy.
- Orphaned Punchline: Some clips are just a second or two of Danny saying something bizarre:"Ronald McGoddamn Donald!"
"I'm gonna scotch tape your ass shut!"
"Just how much ass are we talking about?"
"Shit. If she was a car, she'd be a 4-door Ford Whore! Bitch."
- Overly Long Gag: So many of them.
- Danny looking through a phonebook.
- Danny watching lottery results (he loses).
- Danny brushing his teeth.
- Danny showering.
- Pac Man Fever: Danny plays Mortal Kombat 9 on a PS3, and as expected, doesn't do too well. His son's advice? "Hit B!" note
- Parental Neglect: Upon hearing a loud crashing noise while reading the paper.Danny: The hell was that?!
Man: Your son just fell down the stairs!
Danny: Well, QUIT IT! (goes back to reading the paper)
- Pet the Dog: Despite all his nastiness he doesn't have anything against homosexuals, unless they try to touch him first, but that's really unlikely too.
- Potty Emergency: Danny's dad at a McDonald's.Danny's dad: Oh shit.
Customer: What, did you forget your wallet?
Danny's dad: No, I mean MOVE, I gotta shit! (pushes people out of the way as he runs to the bathroom)
- Potty Failure: This clip from "Speak English".Danny's son: What's that smell?
Danny: Frank shit his wheelchair.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: Danny's dad hits on a black woman with a big ass by trying to sound black himself. He gets an Armor-Piercing Slap for his efforts.Danny's dad: Damn, bitch! You got a STUPID fat ass!
- Rapid-Fire "No!": Danny unleashes one while watching a sports game, and follows it up with a Big "NO!".Danny: Damn the referee! DAMN HIM IN THE ASS! Damn it!
- Running Gag:
Danny: Are we gonna fuck, or what?Danny: (more concerned with the TV than Shirlena) I COULD SHIT A BETTER KOOL-AID COMMERCIAL!
- There are several videos in which Danny's ex-wife comes over to talk about her problems with work or family. Every time, Danny completely fails to show interest or sympathy.
- Also, on several occasions clips of Danny swearing are replayed three times. The first two instances were in the 2000's videos and this made a comeback in "Buried Alive".
- Sassy Black Woman: Referenced in several videos. In addition to the "big black woman" line from the Gag Dub of The Lion King, Danny thinks "Amazon.com" is the name of a big black woman his son works with, and Danny's dad tries to hit on one at a store (well, her ass was big at least).
- Scary Stinging Swarm: In one episode, Danny gets attacked by a swarm of bees while he's mowing the lawn. He handles it about as well as you'd think.
- Screw Politeness, I'm a Senior!: Danny's father certainly lives by this trope.
- Self-Deprecation:Danny's Son: Dad, there's some white stuff on the floor....
Danny: THAT'S MY ASS!!!
- Shoe Slap: "I'll throw my shoe at your faggot ass!"
- Shockingly Expensive Toast:Danny's Dad: $2 for a piece of toast!? BULL SHIT!
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Danny, as well as his dad.
- Slapstick: Danny is on the receiving end of a lot physical comedy: his chair falls over, his beer spews foam on him, a bird flies into his face, he bangs his head on a chandelier, he drunkenly falls down stairs, a supermarket cardboard standup falls on him, and more. The cameraman sometimes takes punishment, too.
- So Was X: This conversation between Danny's dad and an unknown offscreen man:
- Suspect Is Hatless: Danny calls the police because a guy tried to break into his truck and gives an epic description.Danny: Yes. It was about 10 minutes ago, a guy tried to break in my truck.Dispatcher: Can you describe what he looks like?Danny: Yes. He's a long-legged pissed off Puerto Rican.
- That Came Out Wrong: When Danny gets hit in the groin by a roll of paper towels.Danny: Where's the paper towels?!
Danny's Son: They're right over here, Dad, in this bag.
Danny: Throw 'em over here!
(Danny's son throws him the paper towels, and it hits him in the groin)
Danny: Ouch! Motherfucker, you hit me in the dick!
Danny's Son: Sorry...
Danny: You're lucky it wasn't hard! (Beat) I mean this thing (the paper towels), not my dick!
- When Danny gets kneed in the ass. See Fun with Homophones for the quote.
- Toilet Humor: Occurs in "Watching Old Wrestling", when Danny comments on some of the wrestlers.Danny: [about Mr. Perfect] He thinks his shit doesn't stink!
[about Hacksaw Jim Duggan] Hacksaw Jim Duggan! Now he'd be the first to tell you his shit stinks!
[about Bad News Brown] It looks like someone took a big-ass shit, and named it "Bad News Brown"!
[Cameraman falls over laughing]
- Trash of the Titans: The 2020 video, "Buried Alive", shows that huge piles of beer cans/bottles, pizza boxes, and other garbage had accumulated around the house three years after Danny won $250,000 from a scratch ticket. Hilarity Ensues as Danny struggles to wade through the piles of trash to get around his house and open doors with piles of trash in the way, swearing as usual. The trash is so bad that a "road" of pizza boxes had to be constructed in his bedroom from the door to the bed so that nobody would step on all the broken glass from the beer bottles. It's also resulted in Danny's house becoming infested with flies, roaches, ants, moths, and... some unidentified creature moving around under the trash in the rec room.
- Two Decades Behind: There's a definite retro vibe going on. Pop culture references are dated to the 80s (Unsolved Mysteries, Star Trek: The Next Generation, ALF...) and in one episode Danny is seen watching a Kool-Aid commercial from that decade. The Stinger of one episode features a Frosted Flakes commercial with a foul-mouthed voiceover given to Tony the Tiger, who now has Tourette's.
- Unfortunate Names: "Mr. Dingus", Danny's parole officer. Oh, yeah, that's DEFINITELY his real name.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: Danny. He's a jerk to others but funny stuff happens to him too.
- Unusual Euphemism:
- He replaces most of his usual profanity with "OH, BOB SAGET!" for a segment.
- "EAT MY SHORT DICK!"
- "Suck my cocks!" Apparently he has more than one. note
- Lampshaded in "Buried Alive". When Danny says "The George Foreman grill just took a shit!" the subtitles point out that he means it stopped working.
- Verbal Tic: The first two times the phone rings when Danny is rooting around in the fridge, he seems unable to stop himself from saying "Fashion Bug" in response. On the third ring, he seem to have broken the habit, and instead says he'd "like to find the mother fucker who named it Fashion Bug and shove a broom up his ass!"
- With My Hands Tied: Danny makes the following claim when "reviewing" an album by the band Fear Before the March of Flames: note Danny: My ass could write a better song than these guys! WITH ONE CHEEK TIED BEHIND MY BALLS!
- When All You Have Is a Hammer...: When a bird flies into the house, Danny's reaction is to first try and down it with a thrown beer bottlenote and then try swatting it with a broom... in a room filled with fragile objects. The results are what you'd expect them to be.Danny's son: Dad, you're gonna break everything in the whole house!
Danny: I'M TOO PISSED TO GIVE A SHIT! (the bird flies into his face) OH, FUCK! DAMN IT!
- Who Forgot the Lights?: In one skit when the lights are turned off, Danny starts swearing loudly in the dark.
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?: Danny takes a low and suicidal opinion on people with the last name "Combs". (This despite liking a song performed by Sean "Puff Daddy" Combs; see "Atomic F-Bomb" above.)Danny's Son: (while watching an old "Family Feud" episode) Dad, I heard henote killed himself.
Danny: I'd kill myself, too, if my last name was... COMBS!
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: "I'm not afraid of SHIT! ...Except snakes."
- "HOLY SHIT!!! I gotta go! Some squirrel's fucking my tomatoes!"