The Simpsums contains examples of:
- And That's Terrible: "It's bad to do"
- Catchphrase: "IT ANGERS!" for Marge.
- Escalating Punchline: Marge's reaction to Homer using Google Glass while they're having sex.IT ANGERS
- Fast-Forward Gag: During "The Simpsons Guy", the video very quickly skips past the Fan Disservice car wash scene, dismissing it as "HORRIBLE POINTLESS SHIT".
- Info Dump
- Limited Animation: If you can call it animation.
- Mythology Gag: Kirk van Houten is represented by his 'dignity' scribble from "A Milhouse Divided".
- Narrating the Obvious: The characters do this themselves.
- "Not Making This Up" Disclaimer: Sometimes a character or caption will explain that, yes, this is a plot point or gag they used in the real episode.
- Precision F-Strike: Usually Marge
- Special Edition Title: For "The Simpsons Guy", the show is presented as "Fummary Guy", since the crossover was technically a Family Guy episode.
- Stylistic Suck:
- Every main or supporting character is a vaguely recognizable scribble while minor characters and guest stars are often just scribbles with a caption over them describing who they are.
- Meg Griffin is just a recolor of Lisa with Meg's hat mostly covering up Lisa's hair.
- That Makes Me Feel Angry: The characters often express their feelings out loud.
- IT'S GREAT
- IT'S NOT OKAY WITH US!
- Verbal Tic: Ned Flanders starts all his sentences with "Well sir"
- Visual Pun: In "Homerland" a poster for John Carter is used to represent a bomb.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: "No Good Read Goes Unpunished" undergoes a very demonic and trippy sequence once it reaches the infamous "The Problem With Apu" response scene.
- Who Writes This Crap?!: Occasionally the characters and Joe will point out how stupid a plotline is.