- TV Tropes! YEAH!
The Shark Puppet is a series of TikTok, YouTube and Twitter videos featuring a shark hand puppet being involved in various scenarios, from trying different foods, going to the moon, celebrating holidays and meeting characters from other franchises. Shark Puppet also has a career as a rapper and has made three music videos as of 2020.
The Shark Puppet contains examples of:
- A Dog Named "Dog": A shark puppet named Shark Puppet.
- Affectionate Parody: "Last To Leave Pool of Cheese Balls Gets $1,000,000" is one to Mr. Beast.
- Cheesy Moon: This sets off the plot of "Shark Puppet Goes To The Moon!!!", in which Shark Puppet's dad tells him he saw a news report claiming that the moon was made of cheese, causing him to go on an adventure to try and see if it is true.
- Christmas Episode:
- "Shark Puppet Hates Sprite Cranberry!" revolves around the Shark Puppet's disdain for the Sprite Cranberry commercial.
- "Christmas Time", a Christmas-themed rap song about going on a date with Mrs. Claus.
- "Shark Puppet Gets Coal For Christmas" has Shark Puppet get coal for Christmas, causing him to try and get revenge on Santa.
- Crappy Holidays: "Shark Puppet's Thanksgiving" involves Shark Puppet being informed that guests are coming over for the holiday. What he doesn't know is that they are coming within short notice, causing him to attempt to cook meals within a short time span. It doesn't end up working out quite as he planned.
- Every Episode Ending: The shorter videos end with something bad happening and Shark Puppet screaming in reaction to it.
- Image Song: "Buckets", his first rap song, has lyrics describing his personality.
- Raised by Humans: Shark Puppet's dad is a human.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: The titular shark, practically every episode.
- Take That!: One to Pinkfong's "Baby Shark" is done in Shark Puppet Ends Baby Shark, in which Shark Puppet tries to destroy a plush of Daddy Shark, only for it to not work.
- Threatening Shark: Averted. Shark Puppet is good natured.
- Trademark Favorite Food: The titular character loves cheese so much that he'll go through many extremes to get it, from buying out almost the entire cheese aisle at Target to going to the moon to find it.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Shark Puppet has a fear of meeting costume characters, no matter how his dad coaxes him.