The Shadow Reader is a horror story narrator and writer who is well-known for narrating Creepypasta stories. He had also taken onto making rants about stories that had failed for numerous reasons, and he also tackles current internet trends. He has also written a Continuity Reboot of The Backyardigans entitled, "The Backyardigans: Backyard Adventures" (or mostly called as "the Unaired Reboot).
His channel can be found here and he currently stands at around 18,000 subscribers.
The Shadow Reader provides examples of:
- Berserk Button: Has a few:
- In most of his rants, he points out the instances where the author had employed lower case "I's."
- He makes it clear that he values original works and chews out authors for deciding to rip off already established Creepypastas solely to go with the trend.
- Mentioning other Creepypastas in a story sets him off as well.
- Catchphrase: "Like always, roll the outro, cause I'm out."
- Brutal Honesty: The Shadow Reader makes no ifs or buts when it comes to declaring a story terrible. He does lampshade this by stating continually that he is only harsh because he wants the anonymous writer to improve.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: He gives this to many writers, but one in particular is when he reviewed Sweet Apple Massacre and called the author out for its disgusting premise.
His Creepypastas provides examples of:
- Mutagenic Food: His The Loud House creepypasta, "ABC Catastropy" has this trope. During a science fair, Lisa had invented a machine that can make whatever food you like, she wins and everything goes fine... Until one of the judges started to morph into the chocolate molten lava cake she had gotten from the machine, followed by another one of the judges melting down into the mashed potatoes with chunks of his body morphing into the fried chicken chunks. It doesn't stop there. Teachers and students who have at least taken a bite of the food started morphing into various food items they had gotten from the machine, such as fish sticks and even a shredded pulled pork sandwich. The reason why is because Lisa's machine has a thing where the molecules from it's food get scrambled with the molecules of the people, thus turning them into the food they had eaten. And there isn't a reverse for it all...