Dimitri Monroe, AKA TheSMonroeShow is a Youtuber/streamer who reviews various video games, mostly Action RPGs, and the community surrounding them on Youtube and Twitch. Dimitri's approach to commentary surrounding the communities, mostly controversial and touchy subjects, is a rather mellow and balanced one with the occasional hint of perversion and gay interests.
Tropes Applying to And Discussed by TheSMonroeShow
- Adorkable: Who can't love that face?
- All Gays Are Promiscuous: Annoyed with this stereotype that the community keeps enforcing, as he feels it makes them seem less like normal people who just happen to have a different orientation and more like the people of the LGBT are all horny, obnoxious perverts.
- Fake Difficulty: Has this problem with aspects of Dark Souls II. He finds it fun enough, but he finds it has problems causing losses that were not the fault of the player, such as limited mobility options, disjointed hitboxes and dodge frames, and level design that seems outright sadistic with no hint as to what was there in the first place.
- Flawless Token: Has a problem with most LGBT representation in gaming because this seems to be their usual portrayal. He admits that it's hard to incorporate this aspect of them in the story without admitting it outright, but if a character's personality can't be summed up in a way other than their minority status, they aren't good characters.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Dimitri's a perv, but he's a cool-headed and reasonable guy in his videos.
- Political Correctness Gone Mad: Arbitrary or outright false censorship tend to get a rather negative opinion from Dimitri, usually that of Nintendo's censorship or outright lies of game events by sites like Kotaku or Resetera.
- Pretty Boy: You're not the first person who mistook him for a girl and will not be the last.
- Take That!:
- A few shots at H.Bomberguy in his Dark Souls II video.
- One of his praises of Doki Doki Literature Club! is that it actually got him to watch Game Theory.
- Takes a few subtle potshots at the Pedantic Romantic's "Traps Don't Exist, Here's Why", calling it a poorly researched and disingenuous video that ignores multiple cases of context with crossdressing characters.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Gives one to Mother's Basement concerning his views on pirating anime in "A Letter to Mother's Basement". It's presented in a rather calm and collected version, but it's no less scathing towards the practices of Crunchyroll and Geoff's views seeming to be influenced by his sponsorship with Crunchyroll.
- Tough Love: Nintendo tends to catch a lot of flack and criticism from him, but as he's had to make clear multiple times, it's one that comes from a love of their products and a desire to see them get better.
- Truer to the Text: Why he feels that Pokémon Detective Pikachu works as a film compared to other video game movies. It feels like a movie that could belong in the Pokemon universe, having a Pokemon expert help with the film's elements, and respects its audience concerning Pokemon.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Likes to dress up as a girl. It's done so often and is so convincing that he has to clarify he's not trans.